Page 9 of 120 FirstFirst ... 578910111323 ... LastLast

Thread: Battlefield: Bad Company 2

1. Hardcore mode sounds great. Love the fact that there is more realistic weapon damage. One of my main griped about the previous games.

2. What is everyone's 1 dream map they would want in this game from the previous Battlefield series ?

3. Quote Originally Posted by ElCapichan View Post
    I'm enjoying MW2, but every time I play it, I keep thinking to myself, I wish it could be more like BF. The openness, the objectives, etc. I feel MW controls well, but god I hate how it comes down to either A) Hide in a corner and shoot anyone who walks by, or B) run around looking for ppl to kill and then get shot down by a guy in the corner. Glad to see this game is really shaping up. I'll be going the 360 route, so hopefully there will be enough TNl to play with.
    Yeah, because BC 360's games of "watch everyone take a tank and go way ahead of you, using the headset to call someone fag and not actually talk strategy" is the way to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

4. Or you could just join a TNL squad and ignore the retards.

5. And lol @ BC2 being a Serious Business Game now (from the looks of the trailer). The humor was the one good thing going for it.

6. Quote Originally Posted by wEEman33 View Post
    Or you could just join a TNL squad and ignore the retards.
    Which is what people say about MW2. Then 2 weeks - month later, everyone goes to something else.

Which is what they say about L4D2...but dammit all if I see anyone playing that game.

Which is what they say about...well, you get the point.

If I need a specific group of people to make a game what its supposed to be, then the game's not trying very hard.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Hero View Post
    Yeah, because BC 360's games of "watch everyone take a tank and go way ahead of you, using the headset to call someone fag and not actually talk strategy" is the way to go.
    Seriously? You are going to do the whole "only cool people play BF on PC" route? I played BC a good deal, as well as 1943, and never had the issue you seem to think is so predominant on 360. Even with 3-4 TNL players, the games played just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero View Post
    Which is what people say about MW2. Then 2 weeks - month later, everyone goes to something else.

Which is what they say about L4D2...but dammit all if I see anyone playing that game.

If I need a specific group of people to make a game what its supposed to be, then the game's not trying very hard.
    We still do play MW2... a lot. We usually have at least a full team for TDM and more often then not we have too many players that we have to play Ground War. I can't speak for L4D2, but I don't know how many people said they were going the 360 route and would be playing it forever. If you enjoy playing games with randoms, then I see no difference playing it on 360 or PC. I know there are a few of us here who would much rather play with each other over randoms any day. But hey, thats just us, and has no relevance to you what so ever.

8. I love playing MW2 with TNLers! It's about the only game I know someone from the site will still play. I still see them on, but the rate at which they play seems to have diminished. Although I'll take TNLers over randoms on any online game, any day of the week.

My real issue (and maybe just unique, not indicative of Live itself), is that randoms, if comes to that, are terrible to play with. At least in MW2, it's easy enough to go it alone (TDM, mute everyone) on multi and still do good and have fun, even if the randoms are jackasses. That doesn't seem to be the case with me and Bad Company. Too much of it relies on a team focus, so when the team's no good it takes away a LOT from the appeal.

That said, I'd give it more leeway if the single player was enjoyable enough. And it wasn't. By a long shot. Bad Company was one of the most drawn out, sluggish, clunky-feeling single player FPSes I've played in recent memory. Even if I can't get a good game going in MW2, it's fun enough to jam through the campaign again.

So if BC2 is BC with MORE, it doesn't alleviate my issues with the series. If it improves the single player to be viable then it gets more promising. If it can be fun even with randoms, all the better...because as much as I know TNL is where it's at to play with a good group, we tend to be fairweather friends...all it takes is the next 'must have' online game to make BC2 irrelevant.
    Last edited by Hero; 22 Jan 2010 at 06:41 PM.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Hero View Post

Didja ever thing that its you and not us ? There are lots of decent players out there. Xbox live gives you the tools of communication, use them and quit junking up the thread with faggot talk.

10. I find that most games seem to have a few followers even after other major releases. Just depends on the game though. A lot of us played Gears right up until the release of Gears 2. Some even played the first MW right up until MW2. If another great MP game comes out, you really can't blame people moving on. I guarantee you that if BC2 delivers, at the very least, Weeman and I will be playing for a while. It may become sporadic over the months, but if it is as good as we all hope, then I will be playing it for a while.

I will agree with you, as I am not a huge fan of playing with randoms. Not so much that they all suck and are jackasses, though you do run into those people. I just much rather play with people I know and enjoy communicating with. So even if it is just me and 1-2 other TNL'ers, and the team sucks and is goofing around, if we are doing are job and our score shows it, I am happy win or lose.