Page 1 of 120 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Battlefield: Bad Company 2

1. Battlefield: Bad Company 2

The official trailer and lots of game details were released. Looks and sounds fantastic. The improvments are vast and much welcomed. One to watch out for.
    Trailer & screens:
    http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com....php?id=158363

Notes on Battlefield: Bad Company 2
    -Simultaneous PC & console release
    -Gold Rush game mode has been renamed to just “Rush”
    -Snowy map in screens and video called Port Valdez
    -Medic class can revive teammates with a defibrillator within 5 (10?)
    seconds of them dying. Defibrillator is an unlock
    -Health injector removed. Health regenerates on its own.
    -Highly improved squad system. 4 person squads with your squad
    mates names viewable in the lower HUD
    -No user controllable jets
    -More spread out achievements tied to unlocks
    -Highly customizable weapons
    -More gadgets
    -6-8 crates per map
    -More game modes coming in addition to Rush and Conquest
    -No mod support since there are no tools for the Frostbite engine
    -Details on PC version will be released later
    -New vehicles such as very fast 4-wheelers. Holds 2.
    -More blood, more serious Battlefield game
    -There will be a type of artillery
    -Destruction 2.0 allows you to chip away at cover and completely
    destroy buildings
    -Spotting enemies works a little differently. To spot you press the back
    button (on Xbox 360) and the enemy will show up on your squad’s mini map.
    -Ammo crates have been removed. You must now get ammo packs from an engineer.
    -4 kits - assault, recon, medic, engineer
    My biggest gripe about the first game has been addressed: The spotting system. Now you manually have to spot enemies (with the back button) - and the badguys now only show up on your Mini-map, NOT A HUGE RED DOT on everyone's screen. Apparenly only to your squad too. Fantastic news.

Looks like they reworked the class system to make it more like BF2 PC - where alot of teamwork is going to be required now (medic revives and resupply only thru engies). No more Rambos.

Its still rumored to have up to 40 players online - and the maps are built for specific game types. In contrast, Conquest was tacked on to BC 1 post release.
    NowPlaying: Battlefield series . DarkSouls . MGS collection . Cap+SNK fighters . AceCombat series . ArmoredCore series

2. LOL ! You beat me to it ! I thought about you immediately about the spotting, 'stro. I like their version of kill cam too. They are making the ultimate console BF right here. Every gripe I had with BC 1 is being fixed 'cept for one.... I want bigger squads. 6 players ala BF2. Other than that, I'm happy as hell ! Now for the wait till Janurary

Now the question is... Are you gonna be on PC or 360?
    Last edited by Changeling; 22 May 2009 at 05:29 PM.

3. 360 to start. My PC is kinda old and I wont upgrade until the official Battlefield 3 is announced and I know the exact specs of that

Im waiting for the official BF2 patch to be relased before I hop back on that. Too much trouble updating all the betas. Thats why i havent been on there. Cant wait for that patch.
    NowPlaying: Battlefield series . DarkSouls . MGS collection . Cap+SNK fighters . AceCombat series . ArmoredCore series

4. I'll get both, cuz the NeN is always split Old school NeN from BF2 on PC and new school COD and BF:BC NeN on the other.

I'm amped about the final BF2 patch but didn't bother with beta 2. Its is indeed too much trouble. It is going to be awesome though, just from playing around with beta 1.

U still play TF2 at all ?

Also a new BF:BC 2 interview with a dev :

http://www.giantbomb.com/battlefield...erview/17-619/

5. The new spotting system is HUGE.

That was my number one complaint with the first game, because it made stealthy approaches to the gold crates completely impossible.

Regenerating health is lame though, as it would make Medics pretty much useless aside from revives.

I, too, am waiting for the new patch before jumping back into BF 2.

Edit: ATVs kicked ass in the Special Forces expansion to BF 2, and it looks like they are making their return for this game!
    Last edited by jyoung; 22 May 2009 at 05:42 PM.

6. Quote Originally Posted by wEEman33 View Post

Edit: ATVs kicked ass in the Special Forces expansion to BF 2, and it looks like they are making their return for this game!
    Yup, they look like they handle just like they did in special forces. Damn, SF had some of the best maps, but also some of the worst. I still go back from time to time. Theres usually 40 servers active.

7. The damn night maps were what killed Special Forces for me. There's nothing fun about playing a fast-paced multiplayer game with night vision on.

But man, the zip lines and ATVs they introduced with that expansion were awesome.

8. Quote Originally Posted by wEEman33 View Post
    The damn night maps were what killed Special Forces for me. There's nothing fun about playing a fast-paced multiplayer game with night vision on.

But man, the zip lines and ATVs they introduced with that expansion were awesome.
    None of the servers even run that night vision shit I think it was because you can turn the brightness up on your monitor and see without the night vision !

9. Quote Originally Posted by wEEman33 View Post
    That was my number one complaint with the first game, because it made stealthy approaches to the gold crates completely impossible.

Regenerating health is lame though, as it would make Medics pretty much useless aside from revives.
    Yep thats the thing, I always play BF games sneaky and in the foilage. Its all about the surprise attacks. You cant really out think people in BC 1 being spotted just getting shot at once. If you watch the gameplay vids on that link, you can see the spotting system really is fixed and it looks beautiful.

From what ive read on the regen health in BC2, its VERY slow. Alot slower than other games. So hopefully thatll balance it out. Revives can still be a pretty big deal trying to keep the squad leaders alive. Nothing sucked more in BC1 trying to stay alive with your squad only to get wiped out and accidently spawn on some dumbass sniper 5 miles away from the objective.

SF had some damn good maps and i even liked some of the night ones. The one with the insane asylum and churches going uphill was kick ass.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Destro777 View Post
    Yep thats the thing, I always play BF games sneaky and in the foilage. Its all about the surprise attacks. You cant really out think people in BC 1 being spotted just getting shot at once. If you watch the gameplay vids on that link, you can see the spotting system really is fixed and it looks beautiful.

From what ive read on the regen health in BC2, its VERY slow. Alot slower than other games. So hopefully thatll balance it out. Revives can still be a pretty big deal trying to keep the squad leaders alive. Nothing sucked more in BC1 trying to stay alive with your squad only to get wiped out and accidently spawn on some dumbass sniper 5 miles away from the objective.

SF had some damn good maps and i even liked some of the night ones. The one with the insane asylum and churches going uphill was kick ass.
    I'm sure the regen health won't be a big deal. That shouldn't be too hard to get right. I also hope that being a squad leader will mean something this time around too. Like you said about spawning on the stupid snipers, you should only spawn on the squad leader, not some random guy going the wrong way. They also should reward people for playing the right way more, kinda like 2142. I hope they take alot from 2142, since its still tops for infantry play. They should really emphasize on teamwork this time around.