Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 4757596061

Thread: Bayonetta

1. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    Did you find and buy all the hearts and magic upgrades? Did you buy the good accessories (especially the parry one?). I also like the one that disables witch time but leaves a bomb behind if you dodge at the last second. It's good to use whenever witch time isn't activating for whatever arbitrary reason that fight dictates. All that stuff really, really helps. What weapons are you using? The katana in your hands and the claws on your feet deal out ridiculous damage, that is my favorite combo right now.

Oh! And change the camera speed up from the default of negative glacier to the halfway point, which makes it normal speed. That helped me out a lot.

The first stage was annoying because it had that dumb part where you had to perform 3 torture attacks, but they changed the angels into glories, they're unaffected by the continuous witch time, and they barely ever attack which makes it hard to up your magic. If you attack them they counter after a couple of hits and you lose way more magic than you can gain. I just stomped around doing the YBY weave attack with the katana and holding my kicks to drop some bombs on those assholes. Every time they die they drop a butterfly and you can just kill them to charge up witch time instead of trying to slowwwwwly earn it by dodging.

Aside from that Hard hasn't been bad at all. Don't forget that you can also mix and make items. I don't really like using them just because but if you're really having trouble no achievement gives a shit about your rank. You can heal, do more damage or shield up for a while. The game is SUPER friendly about helping you out. It's fucking perfect.

I'm making Bayo wear the cheerleader outfit and I gotta say: dat ass.
    No and No (don't think so) to your first questions, and I never really settled on a weapon setup that I stayed with. I know I didn't get all the weapons which made me sad, I think the last one I unlocked was the Kilgore, which I wanted to love, but I don't think I was using it right. Back when I first played I was kind of button mashing to get through, I should really pay attention to which attacks bring out the hair n stuff. But yeah this was a very helpful post, and makes me want to jump back in and try again. I want the damn achievements in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    I can't rep Mechdeus
    I got you homie.

2. Already bored with borderlands so I played this again tonight. For 5 hours apparently.

That water battle may be on of my favorite things ever. My biggest regret is that I did not buy this game on launch.

Also bazooooookaaaaasssssss.

I am bad at fining things in this game though. Found my first of those special battle rooms in I think 5 chapters.

3. Yeah, I thought I was going to find all of those in my recent playthrough (how hidden can they be?) and only found three or so, lol.

I finished them all on normal. They're not really hidden, but they all require weird backtracking. There are lists out there.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

5. Devil May Cry's hidden rooms require backtracking, too. Meanwhile, fruitless exploration is a detriment to score, so you're gambling by revisiting cleared areas.

I don't know why these otherwise lean, economical games have the same FAQ-necessitating bloat. GOD HAND didn't have that. Nothing should have that.

This is Devil May Cry 2.0. It has everything that game did, bad and good.

You're gambling once. Then you know forever after. The first exploration playthrough where you die a million times isn't your score attack playthrough, obviously.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

7. You don't know foreverafter, though, because a lot of the secret doors disappear over time and could be anywhere. Finding them all on your own would be nearly impossible.

Bayonetta's secret rooms are a little less abstruse and more forgiving to go digging for. It's a step in the right direction on the wrong road. Mikami and his Platinum buddies need more confidence in their mechanics. Punching and shooting dudes in these games is enough. 3D Zeldas need secrets. Bayonetta does not.

8. I've finished the game on Infinite Climax. Not having normal witch time changes things up some (you'll actually use items), but you get over the difficulty hump well before the end. Not as hard as Ninja Gaiden at its best / worst.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

9. Yeah, but DMC has shitty enemies. There are no enemies n Bayonetta I hate fighting.

Instead of those god awful lightning shits that it's like "OH BETTER TWAIT FOR THEM TO STOP ZIPPING AROUND THE ROOM THEN GET IN ONE COMBO"

Fuck you you poorly designed enemy.