Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 111314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Nier

1. Game is great regardless of expectations. It's good in the way JRPGs were good in the PS1 days. ("So terrible, then?" Shut it.)

Well, it gets a lot of hype because it is compatent in a world of bad rpgs. But if you go in expecting a game changing experience you might be let down.

3. The music is what sells it the hardest. It's not outwardly amazing in any way, it's just great overall and generally overlooked.

Mzo, what part are you at now?

Questing in Facade.

6. Like a lot of Cavia's stuff, it's pretty much essential that you play through the game multiple times if you want to get the most out of it. They're kind enough to begin New Game+ at a certain point about midway through the game, but it's still going to get repetitious (particularly since the final two - and best - endings require that you find every weapon).

At the very least, be sure to play through it twice. The second trip is a substantially different experience from the first.
    Last edited by No One; 26 Jun 2015 at 05:02 AM.

The second play through is required if you want to understand the plot. You miss a lot without it.

I just did the text adventure dreams and the RE mansion dungeon.

what the fuck is going on
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

oh man, the text adventure was such an awesome part

10. Just Nier showing you how much it loves you, is all.