Page 1 of 26 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing

Sonic Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing

Quote Originally Posted by IGN
    May 28, 2009 - With E3 right around the corner Sega has just announced Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing, set for release sometime in early 2010 for the Xbox 360, Playstation 3, Nintendo Wii, and DS systems.

Not much info about the game has been detailed in the press release, but this seems to be your typical kart-racer starring characters from SEGA's best-known franchises. We don't know the entire roster or racers just yet; only Sonic, Dr. Eggman, Tails, Rose, AiAi, and Amigo have been revealed.

"Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing is no ordinary racing game. Its huge variety of characters and vehicles, plus the ability to play both online and off set it apart from other games of this type" said Gary Knight of SEGA Europe Ltd in a press release. "The team have pushed the boundaries on what you would normally expect and created a different and unique party racing title whereby you really can't take anything for granted!"

The press release has since been taken down from SEGA's official press website, showing perhaps this was another pre-E3 leak, but it still remains on the SEGA blog.
    Link

Screens

This is going to be a blast on XBL.

Last edited by Yoshi; 29 May 2009 at 12:43 PM.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    This is going to be a blast on XBL.
    That's what I was thinking, too. I have high hopes! Also, let's get Ulala in this mix (I'd be surpirsed if she wasn't at this point)!

3. I'm guessing the cast from Sega Mascot Tennis (or whatever it was called) will show up here. If this is as good as Crash Team Racing, then this is going to be awesome.
    R.I.P. Paragon Studios

4. It's cute that you guys think this is going to be good.

If the net code is good, that can make up for a lot in a game like this.

6. I'm open-minded. Gotta be better than Sonic Drift.

Speaking of Sega racing games, has anyone played Sega Rally 3? Is it good? I think Revo sort of obscured its existence so I never looked at it.

7. But look at how great all the other Sonic rip offs of Mario spin off games have been!

Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Speaking of Sega racing games, has anyone played Sega Rally 3? Is it good? I think Revo sort of obscured its existence so I never looked at it.
    Holy shit. I didn't realize it existed. I need to go see if Frankie's has this.

Sumo Digital's making this. On the plus side, they have some racing experience with their OutRun 2 ports. On the minus side, their tennis game didn't seem that great from what I played and I was pissed at what they did to Alex Kidd's design.

10. Sega is obviously gearing up for a new multiplatform F-Zero. EXCITEMENT