Page 1 of 47 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: NHL '10

1. News NHL '10

The Gametrailer TV Exclusive video: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-nhl-10/49809

Video Blogs:

Quote Originally Posted by EA Sports
    Here is a summary of the topics he discusses:
    - Player indicators
    - Match-making
    - Tracking DNF's
    - Jerseys
    - Gameplay Pausing
    - Camera Settings
    As mentioned before, this is just the start of the discussion that the team is open to having with the community and their hope is that people will be initially pleased with these fixes and will provide their feedback. Going foward, the team plans to share some of the first looks of the game along with more in-depth discussion on new features. So far the comments have been great so please keep them coming! And sorry about the black blip in the video, gotta love one take blogging!

In our continuing video blog series with the NHL 10 game Producers, Andy Agostini gives us a brief update on some improvements that the community has been asking about with regards to Dynasty and Be a Pro game modes.
    In particular, Andy discusses rookie generation and having more variation with players in the game, trading AI and team management. He also touches on the simulation engine and scoring, and continues with moving your pro up and down the ladder and tweaks that should address some of the weighting questions some people have.

The video blogs continue with the NHL 10 team and as the community has been polled with regards to whom they would like to hear from next, here is a few minutes with Gameplay Producer Sean Ramjagsingh talking about some of the fixes that have been or will be addressed for NHL 10 along with a quick peek at a front end screen (below) that some of the more hardcore users have been waiting for.
    Check out the video in HD and feel free to leave your comments for Sean and the rest of the team.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

Region. Fucking. Free. Assholes.

Or better yet, GFWL with cross platform play...

3. Not. Going. To. Happen. EA. Sorry. Sucks. For. You.

4. I am pleased with this information, that is all.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Region. Fucking. Free. Assholes.

Or better yet, GFWL with cross platform play...
    Didn't EA abandon their PC sports games? I never understood why I would have a PC more powerful than two duct taped systems of that time but EA sports PC games used a different engine from the console versions and always looked a gen behind.

6. They always ported the PS2/whatever version because they're lazy assholes.

7. Yeah, I'll buy it.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Dyne View Post
    Didn't EA abandon their PC sports games? I never understood why I would have a PC more powerful than two duct taped systems of that time but EA sports PC games used a different engine from the console versions and always looked a gen behind.
    Because its easier to pirate PC games. They just quit putting the effort into the PC games. They sold like shit too, compared to the consoles.

Glad to see some of the fixes. It's be nice for them to play-test the game better and have less exploits out of the box. Shit, theres still some cheese goals in there, but they have made progress more in this year than in past years to get rid of them.

9. Win

10. EA Sports' entire PC division was based on PS2 ports.

That's part of the reason why they sold like shit and ultimately got canned.

2K started bringing stripped down versions of their games to PC with NBA 2K9, which included everything but the online modes, so if you want to play online with us (and you should, 'cause it's the best part of the game by far), you'll just have to suck it up and get a 360 that can play the North American version of NHL 10.
    Last edited by jyoung; 29 May 2009 at 04:08 PM.