Page 1 of 7 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: EGM Returns

1. EGM Returns

Well that didn't take very long...

Electronic Gaming Monthly to Return
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

2. Interesting. I wonder if the location listen in the press release means they'll be setting up in the LA area instead of San Fran.

3. I think they should put Stretch Panic on the cover!

http://www.fvza.org/index.html

4. Quote Originally Posted by Bojack View Post
    I think they should put Stretch Panic on the cover!

It needs Street Fighter IV on the cover, with a large caption displaying "FU Bitches!"
    Last edited by gamevet; 30 May 2009 at 02:51 AM.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Bojack View Post
    ROFLMAO
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

6. Only way this might last is if they go the Edge route (charge ~ten bucks an issue so it turns a profit off actual sales, not ads, and justify the price with quality content), and I'm not even sure there's enough market for that in America.

Also: wonder if he got any of the old staff that got left out of the merger? (Though actually, haven't most of those guys already landed new jobs, either with other sites or within the games industry itself?)

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

1. Edge is not $10 an issue.
    2. EGM could not possibly justify its price with content, even if it were $0.75.
    3. Cleaning house is the best thing they could possibly do.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Bojack View Post
    WOW. There's stooping to low levels, but comparing GG to EGM? That's just grounds for war.

9. I hope Harris has a decent plan and hope he follows Edge's and gamesTM's lead. If he creates someting similar to "old" EGM or Game Informer, it won't last long.

10. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    WOW. There's stooping to low levels, but comparing GG to EGM? That's just grounds for war.
    Yo chill out daddy-o! Just a joke.

At any rate if it makes any one involved at GG feel better the magazine WAS chock full of quality and some innovative ideas but I so wish something cooler than Stretch Panic was on the cover. It's like the Pontiac Aztek, a good vehicle underneath ruined by horrible curb appeal and design cues that kept most people from ever even sitting in the car. Back when GG came out I suggested to a handful of friends that they should get it and read it but in the end it didn't even matter.

If new EGM is the same as old EGM it will be just as half assed. EGM always had good (IMO) presentation but there was just too little content.

http://www.fvza.org/index.html