Page 1 of 51 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Metroid: Other M

1. Nintendo Wii Metroid: Other M

This could be great, or it could just bring Metroid down into the realm of every other flashy canned-move set-piece action game. Either way, as much as I liked the Prime games, they've pretty much been done and it was time for some fresh blood.

No Itagaki, but I still have high hopes. Seems to be mostly from a fixed perspective, so TN's famous camera problems shouldn't be an issue.
    -Kyo

2. That could pass for a fan movie.
    It looks generic as hell.
    It better have amazing tit physics.

3. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    That could pass for a fan movie.
    hahaha, Haloid 2 huh.

The whole thing is just Monty Oum's secret project for the last 6 years.
    So that's why Dead Fantasy 3 never came out

4. This has the potential to land somewhere in the "Super Metriod + 3D" realm of awesome. And I hope it does. The teaser vid looks amazing, and there hasn't been a bad (or even mediocre) Metroid in the entire franchise history, so I'll let myself be optimistic on this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

5. Metroid Fusion says hello how have you been.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

6. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Metroid Fusion says hello how have you been.
    I enjoyed that game for what it was - a short, easy Metroid game.
    -Kyo

7. Which makes it pretty middle-of-the-road, I think. Super Metroid Jr. at best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

8. Metroid Fusion was a fine game, it just had the misfortune of being one of the two games to restart the franchise after eight years, and being the direct followup to one of the best games of a generation. It's still a far better game than Hunters, I'd rather play it than the original, and I'd place it above Echoes as well.

9. i don't know if Metroid works with characters other than Samus, except in that Nintendo comic years ago. Other than that, it looks neat!
    Donk

10. I'm guessing it's still early, but boyo the animation on it is choppy! The environs and all are interesting and the actual attack/finish animations have good poses. But that animation...yikes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.