Page 16 of 237 FirstFirst ... 21214151617182030 ... LastLast

Thread: Official SEN Games Thread (Sony Network)

1. I have no idea where the PSP thread got to and search didn't help much, so I'll put this here-

I just picked up Patchwork Heroes and played a few levels and it's kind of great, for a $10 game. You saw off chunks of giant flying unmanned battleships, use your guys to bomb things, dodge robo-bugs, and rescue people in cells before amputating the part of the ship they're held in. It's got a cute art style and seems to have some kind of story developing too.

I haven't had much use for the PSP recently, so it's nice to dust it off and put it back to work.

James

2. I didn't like the demo at all. Acquire just kinda sucks as far as I can tell, always releasing these really lazy, amateur-feeling games.

A Söldner-X 2: Final Prototype trailer has been released. It looks a lot better than the first.

4. Hopefully it is.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Compass View Post
    I didn't like the demo at all. Acquire just kinda sucks as far as I can tell, always releasing these really lazy, amateur-feeling games.
    If you didn't like it, then it's gotta be good.

It's like a way better version of Qix.

Perhaps I am the only one who got the PS3 version of Afterburner Climax instead of the 360 version, but I have a damn good reason:

Picked it up from Buy.com for about $30. This is an awesome combination.

I did play a bit of the 360 demo, and both versions were just about the same. I did an A/B comparison of the first stage and still images when paused looked the same but in motion the 360 version seemed slightly prettier, I think due to better lighting much like other multiplatform games. If you're sticking with the stock pads get the 360 version, if your nuts enough to buy a large controller for a single game get the HOTAS X and the PS3 version.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

7. Whoa! Kind of considering that! I had played the arcade version a good bit before Good Time Emporium closed down and I think a total of $40 for a much closer experience would be totally worth it. I did notice that there was no demo on PSN when I checked today, after I had played the XBLA demo last night. Sony really needs to force devs to release demos with all download games like Microsoft does.

Yeah, since there is no demo I wanted to post my impressions for anyone on the fence. The stick itself is a good (but not great) flight stick and works well on PS3 or PC. My only complaint is that the stick squeaks a little bit, I had to put some grease under the boot to quieten it down.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

9. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    Perhaps I am the only one who got the PS3 version of Afterburner Climax instead of the 360 version, but I have a damn good reason:
    I bought a $20 PSN card this morning, in anticipation of download Afterburner Climax. There was not one clue the game existed on PSN. I thought I'd seen somewhere that it wasn't coming out until Tuesday on PSN.

I've come to the conclusion that if a DLC game is available on PS3 and 360, I'm getting it on the PS3. RROD and DRM issues with 360 games just isn't worth it. I had a rude awakening, when LIVE was down and I couldn't play Discs of Tron because of it.
    Last edited by gamevet; 23 Apr 2010 at 04:22 AM.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Grave View Post
    Sony really needs to force devs to release demos with all download games like Microsoft does.
    The devs have to foot the bandwidth bill on the PS3.