Page 17 of 237 FirstFirst ... 31315161718192131 ... LastLast

Thread: Official SEN Games Thread (Sony Network)

1. If people can't try their titles they never have to worry about getting downloads at all. I bet they're saving so much money!

So has anyone bothered with Soldner-X2? IGN likes it, and for reasons that make me very concerned. In the land of IGNorance, lots of tutorials and a lifebar that lets you take a lot of hits are considered positive attributes for a shmup. In reality, the opposite generally is the case.

3. I didn't even know X2 is out. I am tempted but got too many games backlogged.

4. The first one was a decent albeit not great sidescrolling shooter. I may bite on the second one for the hell of it. How much do they want for it?
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Grave View Post
    If people can't try their titles they never have to worry about getting downloads at all. I bet they're saving so much money!
    This. There is quite a list of games on PSN I'm interested in but am not buying until I can try them out.

Hi there, Soldner-X 2!

I don't think I've ever downloaded a demo of an XBLA game and rarely play demos of retail releases, so whether the demos exist really don't affect me at all.

Have you ever regretted buying an XBLA game? That could have been prevented by taking a few minutes to try the demo. That's why I wish every game would have a way to play it ahead of time.
    Last edited by NeoZeedeater; 29 May 2010 at 12:02 PM.

I've regretted buying too many early on in the service's life, but demos wouldn't have helped that. I can't think of one where the demo really would have changed my mind. If anything, not playing the demos has probably saved me some money, as I steer clear of some of the fringe stuff that might be fun. Since I already don't have time to play everything, that's not as bad as it may seem.

9. Demos helped me steer clear of many games, a good example is Perfect Dark. TNL was talking me into it and then I tried the demo and any desire to pick this up quickly evaporated.

The N64 steered me clear of Perfect Dark. You just can't forget how many idiots we have at TNL now.