Page 152 of 237 FirstFirst ... 138148150151152153154156166 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 2368

Thread: Official SEN Games Thread (Sony Network)

1. Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    As a PS4 owner Sony dropped the ball hardcore this year. I really expected them to get more of the games they showed at that February premier out the door before the console was a year old. That was incredibly foolish on my part.
    I'm not a PS4 owner, but I had it preordered it on two occasions. Canceled both times because the system isn't delivering. DriveClub has not exactly made me regret the decision.

2. It really isn't delivering at all. I have zero clue as to why it continues to sell so well. I've had one since May and I still don't own a game for it.

3. I should have done the same, I was really foolish/dumb and hoping this wasn't going to be the outcome. (by that I mean cancelling my pre-order)

I've had one since launch and Shadow of Mordor is the first game I've paid money for on it.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

4. I won't deny that 2014 was pretty embarrassing for Sony's PS4-exclusive output, but I think the "Xbox One has a way better library" arguments are so overblown. Sure, it has a few extra quality exclusives (and one of the best on either platform, Sunset Overdrive), but it isn't like it's a huge divide. Plus, you've got the fact that third-party games are almost always better on the PS4, which is a bigger deal than some people give credit to.

Next year is going to be interesting to see. So far, Sony has a lot of stuff on tap for the PS4, while it's the Xbox One that's looking lean in the quality exclusives. I have no faith in Quantum Break, Fable Legends is going to have niche appeal I think, and I cannot be excited for another Halo at this point (unless the multiplayer is going to be so much better that it'll make people forget about MCC), and I have no plan to support the stupidity that's going on with Rise of the Tomb Raider's exclusivity. At this point, the most hype I can muster is for a proper version of State of Decay.

PS4, meanwhile, is loaded with stuff, and I think its indie selection is way more interesting than Xbox One's (which is still playing catch-up). I'm really hoping Microsoft has some nice 2015 surprises come E3.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

5. Without playing the games, it's tough to say what will turn out good (I have major doubts about The Order for example), and you really can't get a full sense of what is coming out next year until E3. I wouldn't buy a system based on games I don't know are coming out.

Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    you really can't get a full sense of what is coming out next year until E3.
    I'm not sure that's true anymore. How many games announced at E3 come out that year? It doesn't seem like very many. We should pretty much know about everything big coming out next year already. That's why I have my doubts either Sony or MSFT can close the gap with Nintendo exclusive volume-wise.

7. E3 isn't the Christmas wishlist it used to be. More often it becomes the business plan for the next 2 years. I really do miss the surprise launches during e3.

Yeah, I'm more worried stuff we saw at this E3 still won't come out next year. Hell, remember that January, 2013 Nintendo Direct? How many of those games still aren't out?

edit: I shouldn't complain. If about four 2015-16 games came to PC, there'd be no reason to own a PS4 or One.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 30 Oct 2014 at 03:50 PM.

9. Many games are announced at E3 and throughout the year. Forza Horizon 2, Halo MCC, Captain Toad - all announced at E3. There will be plenty out over the next 12 months we don't know about today.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Hell, remember that January, 2013 Nintendo Direct? How many of those games still aren't out?
    Zelda Wii U
    Xenoblade Chronicles
    Yoshi Wii U
    Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem

Games that have come out that were announced then, bunch of VC titles, Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8, Miiverserse updates, community features, Wii Party, Earthbound

That's about all I can think of. Though the titles that haven't come out, didn't have dates then, and I think Zelda was just a comment on how it would have a different design philosophy.

I do hate though how games are announced YEARS before release. It seems like games are getting trailer reveals that are basically just pitch trailers that got the damn thing greenlit. It has really changed the way you look at E3, or any of these press events in general. I wish they would wait till they at least had a playable demo to show at an event to announce a game. That's me though. I realize they want to build up hype for their systems, but I find it annoying.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.