Page 158 of 237 FirstFirst ... 144154156157158159160162172 ... LastLast
Results 1,571 to 1,580 of 2368

Thread: Official SEN Games Thread (Sony Network)

1. People who bought these games still get to keep them forever, the issue is that new people can't buy them. You know, one of the problems digital distribution was supposed to solve.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

2. Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater View Post
    Why do companies make these stupid arrangements? Can't they make a deal that the license applies to that specific game forever? I don't hear of movies getting removed from existence a few years later because a company decided it no longer wanted its product placement in it. The video game industry is retarded.
    Movie and TV show rereleases are quite often held up or hacked apart because of lapsed rights on songs that appeared in them.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Space Pirate Roberts View Post
    People who bought these games still get to keep them forever, the issue is that new people can't buy them. You know, one of the problems digital distribution was supposed to solve.
    but if they replace their console or whatever, they can't really download the game again if it's de-listed/removed from the distribution channel

You can definitely re-download a delisted game if you purchased it before.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Space Pirate Roberts View Post
    People who bought these games still get to keep them forever, the issue is that new people can't buy them. You know, one of the problems digital distribution was supposed to solve.
    Piracy has always been the only way for media to stay around forever and be obtained, and will likely remain that way. Every digital distribution platform will eventually go away and/or be replaced, that's never been a question.

6. this is true, marvel vs capcom will always be around on whatever iteration of ggpo is out at the time (ggpo, supercade, ggpo-ng, fightcade)

also didn't know that you could still download de-listed games, I had figured once it was gone it was gone for good... still though the physical market has the advantage of buying used too

vv yes I know about the download list, I thought when a game was de-listed they took the whole thing off the service
    Last edited by cka; 20 Dec 2014 at 06:36 PM.

7. Quote Originally Posted by cka View Post
    also didn't know that you could still download de-listed games, I had figured once it was gone it was gone for good...
    Sony and MS have a previously downloaded list, you can dig through that. Nintendo probably doesn't.
    still though the physical market has the advantage of buying used too
    Sometimes an advantage, sometimes subject to supply and demand and either isn't there or commands stupid prices on eBay.

8. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    Nintendo probably doesn't
    I know they do on the 3DS, it's called "your downloads" and in the settings menu somewhere.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

9. Surprising! Still, good to know.

10. They do on the Wii U eShop as well, and there was one on the Wii eShop also.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.