Page 5 of 47 FirstFirst ... 34567919 ... LastLast

Thread: Shave Like a Man

1. My dad shaves with a flip blade like at the barber shop. He's got a strop and shit.

I bought whatever was on sale at Target when I needed to shave. I don't do it that often; I usually just use an electric trimmer and mow the lawn. Permastubble.

2. I'm a noob. This is something to look into.

Last edited by Jason; 05 Jun 2009 at 09:43 AM.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    So you don't shape your beard? You some kind of neckbeard hippie?
    I shape it, but it's just such a small area to cover that I grab a single-blade Bic disposable and just go at it. No foam or water or anything.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Cowutopia View Post
    3, 4, and 5 bladed cartridge razors all suck tremendous dick. You have no idea.
    You and Josh are definitely right. I have been using the 3 blades Gilette bullshit for several years and it just doesn't feel right (but better than the electric shaver for sure). I am going to try your ideas.

5. I am a pretty honest person but when it came to Gilette blades I had no problem stealing them from the store. How can a piece of plastic with a few blades and some fancy shit around it cost so much money? anyway, Josh, I shall give this method a try and fight through the cuts in order to achieve manly status.

I have grown to love the Fusion blades with the trimming feature on the opposite side of the blade (for my goatee). How close in tight areas can the single blade razor get? is it just something that comes with practice?

6. I use Mach 3's

+
    Hot ass water
    +
    Nivea Shave Gel

+
    A hot towel
    +
    And I finish with this gel, it's imperative

7. Blade 1 = Lift
    Blade 2 = Cut
    Blade 3 = Whiff
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

8. Meh, doesn't ever cut me and I get a smooth finish, no biggie.

9. I don't get aftershave. It just makes me smell like a Nordstroms all day.

10. I may have to try this, my neck is very sensitive so I constantly break out in the red bumps.