Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yawara! A Fashionable Judo Girl

1. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee View Post
    DON'T FORGET TEZUKA'S PLUTO. GOOD SHIT.

I hear tell there was an ACTUAL Judo Olympian that's known as "Yawara-chan" due to her being so similar to the character.
    Note that Ryoko in World Heroes 2 and Fighter's History are based on Yawara-chan-and both games were released in 1992.

2. This is available for $10 through Right Stuf. EXCITING because it's cheap, really sad because it's just another indicator that we won't get any more of the series. This would be a good series for Crunchy Roll.

http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6...em/82226/4/0/0
    Donk

3. Um... This is even good for an 80's anime (which we all know is the greatest form of any cartoon ever or you're a philistine).

It's $10. Everyone go get it. RIGHT. NOW.
    Donk

4. GET IT RIGHT NOW OR I'LL GET YOU.
    Donk

5. Can't argue with ten bucks. Ordered.

6. n_____n i hope you like it!

The first few episodes are a little(only a little) slow, but it picks up pretty quickly.

Also, when you run out at episode 40, THERE'S MORE! Live-Evil is fansubbing the rest. They're up to 112 out of 124, and they've been updating consistently.
    Donk

7. Live-Evil. Noted. Getting to downloading.

I was really looking forward to more Yawara after the first box set, and sad to see the whole load of Nothing that came after. My DVD shelf wants a set of 4 (or so) boxes sitting side by side, the complete series all in a row.

James
    Last edited by James; 12 Dec 2012 at 12:11 AM.