Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why won't Opera load my website?

1. I get you.
    For instance, right now Firefox is rendering it fine, but NO OTHER BROWSER even seems to be letting it run the right way. FUN. I thought I had it all figured out...

Also, I can't reach .htaccess. It's just not there.

2. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee View Post
    I love this CSS positioning stuff. it reminds me of laying out in print!
    Yeah, you think that at first, and then you realize there are still a bunch of little quirks that can make things look differently in different browsers (especially IE). The best and worth thing about CSS is how much more exact you can make things; it's nice, but at the same time, you then demand more exactness, and the little quirks become harder to take.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

3. Little quirks like not loading the menu. Yup, I'm experiencing that right now.

Outside of a decent education, which I didn't receive and can't afford again, what's the best place to learn about said little quirks?

4. create the .htaccess file in your webroot

5. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee View Post
    Outside of a decent education, which I didn't receive and can't afford again, what's the best place to learn about said little quirks?
    Pretty much everything I know is self-taught, so I'm probably not the right person to ask that. *laughs* Find sites doing what you want to do, and browse over the source code. Find other people who know these things and ask them when something gets you stuck. Check out the W3C pages. That's my advice, I guess.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

6. Actually, hearing that from you gives me hope. You do amazing damn work on your Morning Mayo site and on Play's site. I guess I'll just keep on going conceptually and figure out all the code on the way.

7. that's probably the best way to go about it

s'how I taught myself all the garbage languages I know!

8. Alright. I killed the frames. I fixed the formatting. I got height: 100% to work in IE. Only problems now are on all of the pages, it seems to have forced a scrollbar for no particular reason. PROBABLY has to do with the height 100%, though. Also, this page won't let the background on the left nav extend to the bottom. AGAIN, probably the 100% and that the content ("art") div is the one extending out of its container and not the nav.

The questions have been less frequent! Still, I'd appreciate a pointer here or there if anyone has a moment.

9. scrollbar removal: add 'overflow: hidden' to your ie css

rest of it: hell if I know, try putting a wrapper div around your other divs

10. Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I'll just center the two columns inside a wrapper. Bear with my ignorance.