Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Xbox 360 Power adapter to 360 Cable

1. The power brick for the newer consoles can't supply enough power for the older consoles, I think.

2. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    The power brick for the newer consoles can't supply enough power for the older consoles, I think.
    This is correct.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

3. Ah, that's what I meant, thanks guys.

4. There's metal tip and plastic tip. They are different inside the plug, so you can't hook the wrong one up.

5. That is false. You can indeed insert the plastic end into the older xbox, all that will happen is a full red ring around the power button.

6. hmm. I don't have a launch era system around to try it, so they must have changed the connection layout when they introduced the new power supply.
    Click for full size

The notches in the center of the plug prevent you from mixing power supplies with newer units at least. Guess my pic doesnt show it too well, but the bottom plug has two off center posts, whereas the top one just has the one in the middle.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	power.jpg 
Views:	279 
Size:	378.8 KB 
ID:	46375  
    Last edited by Some Stupid Japanese Name; 11 Jun 2009 at 12:25 PM.

7. Those are some sexy connectors.

8. feels good to hold something so thick in my hand after our disappointing encounter over the weekend.

9. LOL,

No when I swapped out my red ringed system for the new one I bought, the cord (the plastic version) DID plug into the old box when I got it back, but it just red ringed complete and worked fine when I plugged in the older supply.

SO WEIRD>
    Last edited by Othello Harrington; 11 Jun 2009 at 03:18 PM.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    feels good to hold something so thick in my hand after our disappointing encounter over the weekend.
    It is true, Rhydant just didn't deliver like we thought.