Page 1 of 57 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: The (UN)Official NHL Off-Season Thread

1. The (UN)Official NHL Off-Season Thread

Drafts, trades, & more.

2. Unofficial?

3. I don't want Bettman hitting me up for license fees.

4. Speaking of which, did you hear how the crowd reacted when he presented the Cup? Ouch.

5. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    Speaking of which, did you hear how the crowd reacted when he presented the Cup? Ouch.
    Actually I stopped watching midway through the second period, the Red Wings were clearly not into it. I saw Dan Cleary go offside while standing still. I mean really. WTF.

6. I really didn't think the Pens had the blue line to go the distance.

7. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    Speaking of which, did you hear how the crowd reacted when he presented the Cup? Ouch.
    Ha, yeah. At first I thought the fans were booing us. I thought "what a bunch of shit heads" . I realized quickly that the boos weren't meant for us and Detroit has some class. They went nuts when Lemieux took his turn. I have nothing but respect for the club.

8. Last three posts were about the Stanley Cup playoffs hat just ended and have their own thread.

So anyway moving along ...

Ray Emery signs with the Flyers ... great another "could be" goalie.

Biron ... second tier goalie ... HE COULD BE A First tier ... how'd that turn out, Snyder? Oh yeah.

Vanbiesbrook ... he could rekindle his career here in Philly! How'd that turn out?

Esche ... could be the next Hextall ... how'd that turn out?

Point: My confidence in this team making any good moves is diminishing ... oh wait ... my confidence is all ready gone.

---------

Dallas Stars pick Marc Crawford as new coach and Molsen makes a bid to buy the Canadiens.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

9. You got very quiet, Avie. Where did you go ? Climb some mountains, bring some binoculars and you can see what a championship hockey town looks like (I'm done derailing...)

The Ray Emery thing is funny. Enjoy that one, Advocate.

Well, I was going to pick Philly to be very competitive next year....but not if Emery starts.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.