Thread: "A hundred days off" - Underworlds latest album: Impressions

1. "A hundred days off" - Underworlds latest album: Impressions

Straight from their official site:

The final title of Underworld's new album is 'A Hundred Days Off'. It runs a little bit over an hour and features the following tracks:

1. Mo Move
    2. Two Months Off
    3. Twist
    4. Sola Sistim
    5. Little Speaker
    6. Trim
    7. EssGee
    8. Dinosaur Adventure 3D
    9. Ballet Lane
    10. Luetin

As always, the running order of the tracks and those tracks included may change before the release of the album.
    This is set for release some time in july, and I can't wait!

I've heard the whole album briefly (very briefly), and it sounds good (though different). It sounds alot more like faithless now, but it still has that unique underworld charm. I'm not willing to rate it yet, because it would be unfair to judge it without having listened to it properly yet. I'll just say that it sounds promising.

If you look around, you can find MP3's of Two months off (the first single off the album). Its around 8 minutes long and has quite a happy sound like jumbo. Carls vocals aren't very good in this song. They're all slured and slow. I'd give it a rating of 3.5 stars. It's good, but not the sort of underworld track that I like.

I've got an MP3 of the song Luetin, and its very nice. Its quite minimalistic, and reminds me of Air towel. Carls singing in this is nice, and is slightly vocoded. I rate it 4 stars.

If you here anything from it or about it, then post it in here.

2. Getting the mp3s from the promo version...
    Since you're a big Underworld fan as well, I'll post some of my impressions.
    if ya see a sucker, cut him, don’t like perpetrators
    http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/black/doktorMott.png

3. ooooooooh good. I've been dying to hear impressions from someone who has listened to it properly.

4. Argh, skip that.
    The P2P I use is down at the moment. Oh well...

5. Hehe, there seems to be some discrepancy between the first track.
    Some say it's No Move, some say it's Mo Move. Guess we'll have to wait and see...

Well... It's kind of hard for me to describe. It still has that Underworld mk2 feel and sound, eventhough Emmerson's gone, yet it sounds different at the same time. Which is a good thing.

The vocals seem to be less predominant in a few tracks, where others have lots of vocals (Two Months Off, Trim, Dinosaur Adventure 3D...). Anyway, since you like Underworld, I'm sure you'll dig this album, it's very good.

If you want more info. you oughta check out the Underworld section at the Dirty Forums.

6. Ah, good to hear.

As for the dirty forums, my brother's a mod there and is good friends with the webmaster, so I get most of my underworld info through him. I think we might be getting a promo copy of the album, but I dunno.