Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Can I get some critique on my site?

1. The first two speak to me

The fourth one feels like mine with more edge to it

Im not a graphic designer and i forgot HTML ect 5 years ago, so i dont know where else to go.
    b_ri on Twitch, Games Beaten in 2020 (3): Pokemon Sword (Sw), Detroit: Becoming Human (PS4), Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4),

2. You have a trade. Find a designer and barter with them: free photography for free design and programming. Find a student designer, too, and you could probably spend 250 bucks and get it done if you needed to. They need to pad their portfolio with actual real-world work more than they need a pay cheque.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

3. any particular reason you have both prototype and jquery running

4. Because whoever wrote the wordpress theme sucks, is my guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

5. http://www.erwinolaf.com/

Check out this site, Brian. Remove the flash and the design could still be functional in basic HTML / PHP (with a database). I am in talks with this man right now about a potential photoshoot and his simplistic site really helped me make a decision over some other photographers. His photography is organized by collection and style. Browsing it is perfect.

It doesn't hurt that he's an amazing photographer, either.
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

6. Everything about that site works and makes me jealous :'(
    b_ri on Twitch, Games Beaten in 2020 (3): Pokemon Sword (Sw), Detroit: Becoming Human (PS4), Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4),

7. http://www.infa-secure.com.au/

Revised front page. I still need to sort the right and left hand columns out so it doesn't look so unfinished.

Changed the menu from flash to java. Added a blogging system to the front page so I can post updates a lot easier. Still not happy with the actual visual design, but the guy who pays me says he loves it and not to change it.

KLJdlakjfldsajfhsdlkfjsdafkjdsalfkasdfsad.
    ABOUT ME.

"Underground music should have its back turned, it needs to be gone, untrackable, unreadable"

8. The functionality is improved 10 fold by getting rid of the flash. The scroller to the right is flash, but nowadays you can find news scrollers and customize them to do the same thing.

The site doesn't really fit the branding is my general thing with it. The logo is modern and uses an icon style logo, while the overall design of the site is kind of gradienty and dry. That's why it's important to get your messaging and branding down pat before branching out. I've run in to the same problem with sites (in fact, one I'm working on right now!) People don't usually get it until they see it your way after the fact.

9. I really like it Detour. Everything I clicked worked really well, I enjoy the color scheme, and above all the overall design. I'm in no way an expert on these kinds of things, but for me the whole thing works out nicely. Great job!