Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1TB and larger hdd recommendations

1. They're only copied movies from Netflix. I'll survive.

2. Yeah, I'm just making the recommendation to anybody who will listen. If you care about your data at all, don't live under the "oh I'll be fine" way of thinking. I almost lost a lot of really important stuff due to my stupidity.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

3. I have been looking at that same wd hd John and I think that's the one I'll end up getting. Is there really that much of a difference between that hd velicoraptor? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...H3B-_-22136296

7,500rpm vs 10,000 is really that impressive?

Edit: I just checked my email and you can save another $10 on the 1tb black edition originally posted by shinjohn by using this secret code EMCLTMT34
    Last edited by Sinista; 16 Jun 2009 at 10:21 PM.

4. Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi View Post
    Yeah, I'm just making the recommendation to anybody who will listen. If you care about your data at all, don't live under the "oh I'll be fine" way of thinking. I almost lost a lot of really important stuff due to my stupidity.
    Seriously, I bought a new 1tb drive to build a machine and was going to copy everything from my 500gb external over there... eventually. I had copied my music and movies but before I got around to the other stuff the external overheated or something and I'm still tinkering with it trying to get personal files off of it.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Sinista View Post
    I have been looking at that same wd hd John and I think that's the one I'll end up getting. Is there really that much of a difference between that hd velicoraptor? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...H3B-_-22136296

7,500rpm vs 10,000 is really that impressive?

Edit: I just checked my email and you can save another $10 on the 1tb black edition originally posted by shinjohn by using this secret code EMCLTMT34
    I would think if you do video editing, and that sort of thing, the 10,000 rpm drive would make a difference but for most people I don't think it will. Thanks for the savings link! Hopefully my check from the last freelance gig I did gets here in the next day or two so I can order this.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    Just looking for any recommendations for a 1tb or larger hard drive. I'd personally like a 1.5tb drive but the reviews on newegg for the two models out there don't give me much faith in them.

Anyone one have any experience any thoughts?

I've been looking at this WD
    I just got this one as well. I like it.

i keep mine off most of the time. That's what you're supposed to do, right?

I really fucked it up, formatted it wrong. Whichever one that doesn't let you do files over 4 gigs.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    I would think if you do video editing, and that sort of thing, the 10,000 rpm drive would make a difference but for most people I don't think it will. Thanks for the savings link! Hopefully my check from the last freelance gig I did gets here in the next day or two so I can order this.
    That's what I figured that it wasn't worth the cost per gig difference. NP for the link but I don't think the sale is going to last long it's either 24/48hr sale. I just spent a ton of money over the last few days so unforutnately this will have to wait for me .