Page 1 of 68 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Demon's Souls

1. Demon's Souls

Apparently the Asia edition of this is fully in English and it's supposed to be a fantastic game. I ordered it a few minutes ago. I know a few of you played the import already and were gushing about it.

Searched for a thread and there was none. It's coming here in November but you can score it on eBay now for the same as you'd pay at US retail in November.

Discus.
    Boo, Hiss.

2. I would be all about this game if I had a PS3. Sounds awesome.

3. I'll wait for the US release, it does sound awesome.

4. I'm waiting for November. I rarely have an opportunity to give Atlus money, and I've got more than enough going on right now. Still, from what I've played it's a fantastic game, so I'm very much looking forward to it.

James

5. Quote Originally Posted by Tain View Post
    I would be all about this game if I had a PS3. Sounds awesome.
    It totally is.

Anyone interested might want to wait around for the US release. Atlus hasn't said if the online mode is going to be compatible with the Asian version.

And if anyone doesn't know what the thread is about, this is the review that pretty much sold me on the game: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/demons-souls-review

6. I've been too busy to get in a lot of playing time, but this game is BRUTALLY hard and a hell of a lot of fun. It's very very niche, because if you can't put up with the frustration of incredibly hard enemies and NO checkpoints in levels than you really shouldn't be playing it. But man does it feel good when you finally get past an area you kept dying in.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

7. Quote Originally Posted by epmode View Post
    It totally is.

Anyone interested might want to wait around for the US release. Atlus hasn't said if the online mode is going to be compatible with the Asian version.
    Yeah, that's a fair point. I don't have my ps3 online so it doesn't matter to me.
    Boo, Hiss.

8. This game looks really bad ass. That review says that there isn't even a pause button. There has to be a way to pause the action though right? I still have nightmares about not being able to pause Mike Tyson's Punch Out.

9. Nope. No pausing. You can switch between two equipment configuratons and up to five different items on the fly. Anything more than that and you'd better find a safe spot first.

It's usually pretty easy to get to a safe corner, though. As long as you're not already in combat.

10. Yeah, there's a lot of safe areas to stop and take a breather, at least in the early stages so far.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.