Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I need a better PC monitor

1. It's really not that simple. A lot of monitors have cables that connect too close to the bottom, and the prop itself should have standard VESA mount screw holes. I could always just make a ghetto picture frame style prop, I guess.

2. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    I hate how all LCD monitors have pedestals. I want something that sits directly on my desk like my tv.
    shuttle makes one like this

so does benq

3. Quote Originally Posted by AaronChance View Post
    www.dell.com has a deal for a Samsung 22' for $140 (plus tax) right now. Mine will be showing up later today, so I can let you know how it is. My computer is also hooked up to my plasma, so I don't need anything bigger.
    Any word on how good the monitor is?

I hooked my PC up to my Sony 40" once, running it at 1080p resolution, and it was a thing of pure beauty. Sadly, I need to be able to run both tv and PC at once, so it couldn't stay like that for long.

James

4. It's a samsung, it's looks amazing. DUH

coupon code for 10% off: 22X6DLMFK6K92G

Just buy it and stop acting like buying a new computer monitor should be this difficult.

5. DO NOT BUY A WESTINGHOUSE MONITOR

6. You got burned by one monitor shut up. I got fucked royally on a Samsung HDTV, shit happens.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

7. It's not the monitor, it's their horrible support and their 1-3 month turn around. They're slow to get the parts out and yeah, fucked me over by giving me a product that died 14 days after warranty.

And then to wait almost 2 months to get it back. I had to take it to a service place in NE Ohio, Lucky me because the other one they had was out of business, otherwise the only way to fix it would have been a 4 hour each way trip or shipping it at my expense to SW ohio.

8. http://www.techdealdigger.com/pr/che...tor-deals/1578

I got this a few months ago and it has been fantastic. Highly recommended, especially for such a damn good deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

9. Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Any word on how good the monitor is?

I hooked my PC up to my Sony 40" once, running it at 1080p resolution, and it was a thing of pure beauty. Sadly, I need to be able to run both tv and PC at once, so it couldn't stay like that for long.

James
    Only spent a little time with it so far, but it's great. Huge too compared to what I was expecting. It's bright and clear, adjustments are easy to make, and Mirror's Edge look really good. Shows streamed in SD look a bit bad, but I expected it from an LCD. Colors look the same as my old CRT. It's also stiff when adjusting the tilt, though the stand was high enough so I didn't really need to. I like it and I'm glad I didn't buy anything bigger, since there's no space left on my desk now, except behind it.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

10. Quote Originally Posted by Thief Silver View Post
    It's not the monitor, it's their horrible support and their 1-3 month turn around. They're slow to get the parts out and yeah, fucked me over by giving me a product that died 14 days after warranty.

And then to wait almost 2 months to get it back. I had to take it to a service place in NE Ohio, Lucky me because the other one they had was out of business, otherwise the only way to fix it would have been a 4 hour each way trip or shipping it at my expense to SW ohio.
    1 - 3 months of turn around isn't uncommon. You know how long it took me before Samsung admitted there was a problem with the design of the tv and they released a lemon and would give me my money back? 6 fucking months. They delivered and took back 3 or 4 of their pieces of shit in that time, that all had the same problem. Then they told me they would sell me another one of their HDTVs for what they sell it to the stores for, then quoted me a price that was 25% more than what Best Buy had the tv for.

And guess what I own 2 Samsung monitors that are awesome and I recommend a Samsung Monitor!!! OMFG OXYMORON!!!

They're all slow and shitty, customer service sucks now a days from everyone. The point is do research, I learned my lesson with that TV. If I had done some research I would have seen everyone had that fucking problem with it. Not every product from every company is the same, hell Sony makes REALLY fucking reliable TVs the PS1 and PS2 were pieces of shit that didn't like working.

Stop being immature and acting like this company fucked your mom and then blew their load in your eye.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.