Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I need a better PC monitor

1. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    I hate how all LCD monitors have pedestals. I want something that sits directly on my desk like my tv.
    \
    I have this monitor, the Benq FP241VW. Beside looking awesome and being huge, it also has great viewing angles and true 24-bit colors. I don't know how anyone can stand a TN panel LCD (the majority of them), they seriously look horrible. I held on to a CRT for as long as I could, but that Benq (and other non TN's like the Apple Cinema Display) is a nice step up.

2. Thanks for mentioning TN panels, I had no idea about the different types of monitors so hadn't the slightest idea it was something I should learn about. After giving myself a crash course in the various panel styles, it looks like TN panels are the best for gaming. The viewing angle sucks, so showing people stuff when they're sitting at an odd angle won't be quite so easy as it is with my current CRT, but the response time and lessened chance of ghosting make up for it quite nicely.

Time to break out the credit card and make the choice!

James

Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    It's really not that simple.
    It is only as difficult as you make it.

4. Ordered! I'm getting the Samsung T220. It looks beautiful.

James

5. So how was it, James. Happy?

My trusty Sony CRT is finally dying (actually, no, it still kinda isn't, just the PSU is and I'm too lazy to have it fixed, so I'll store it somewhere for the time being because I love it too much and can't let go), and I'm in the market for an LCD, possibly LED (although reports of edge bleeding scare me), probably 23-27". I kinda want 120Hz but that seems to go hand in hand with 3D which I don't care about at all.

I *hate* huge bezels. Dell has the most minimal bezeling I've seen. That could be the scale tipper.

Every time I find one that seems perfect, I read the reviews and no matter how many positive ones there are, the few negative ones have me second guessing.

Anyone here super picky and can recommend what they've been using without any reservations? Btw, this will be used primarily for gaming and general web surfing.

6. I have to T220s (one the TV version) and they are perfect, but a poor choice if you're looking for minimal bezeling.