Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Concept art for game characters

1. Concept art for game characters

Here's some pinup concept art for game characters I've been working on. This is sorta old, but I didn't really feel like posting stuff I'm attached to...you know. Anyway, let me know what you think? It's sorta a near-future themed thing.

2. Okay, just for kicks here's something else I've been working on, which is more recent. My character seems to share some resemblences to Joe Mad's Red Monica, so I was sorta paying tribute to his pin-up illustration of Monica in the treasure room (even though mine doesn't really resemble the pose or look of his at all). Anyway, as is pretty obvious, I haven't gotten around to shading the non-character objects or background. I should really do those first, since the character is the fun part, and after, I get bored with the pic. I wanted to make this a wallpaper, so I guess I better finish it sometime.

3. Okay, last post in my own thread, promise! Just to keep in topic with the other postings, I'd thought I'd show you some fan art I did a while back for a laugh. I'm a big streetfighter buff, so I thought I'd show a little appreciation. I still like the sagat pic, though.

4. Wow!!Really nice!!The design looks good!!I'm more into the fantasy setting so the second one really click with me.And you say it's not complete yet?It's already looks more finished than most of the stuff i do. Can't wait to see the finish then.

I see you have a site.May i link you?
    Damnit!!GEO!!!!!

5. VERY impressive work! I especially love the Sagat!
    My boss is an Italian plumber.

6. I wish i knew how to color in my artwork. Within the next 2 weeks I'm gonna put up character designs for a story I came up with.

7. Thanks guys. I don't really have a site, yet. I just threw those up on my university account so I could link them in the thread. I'm working on one though, that looks much cooler than what's on my school account. Mostly there's just old school assignments. However, if you're in to fantasy (which actually, I am too), here's a link to a little site a did. It's pretty rough, with typos and all, but take a look.

http://gladstone.uoregon.edu/~dminer/gkmain.htm

It's pretty obnoxious unless viewed at 1024 x 768, btw

ps: Yeah, everyone seems to like the sagat. I think it's because it's so exagerrated, and that I inked it with a big fat brush! I should try that more often, but man do I get nervous

8. Yeah. the inking style of sagat looke diffrent. It got that raw touch, totally match the setting and the character. In fact i like sagat's pic the most
    Damnit!!GEO!!!!!

9. Uh,that was not me.That was BlueSilver(or as he is known now,NJ.) using my name.
    So i'll link the old site then?
    Damnit!!GEO!!!!!

10. Very good stuff apokryphos! Is that a fox hound symbol on the first piece? That Red Monica kick ass man! But why did you leave the sword unshaded?
    "be water my friend"bruce lee