Every time a new game compilation is released, I get my hopes up. Maybe it's because the original Midway Arcade Treasures spoiled me, but I've expected so much more from the collections game publishers have been releasing that what I've actually received. Most feel that gamers should be satisfied with the large helping of classic titles that are included on each disc, and that this is essentially what each release is about. Well, let me add my voice to the growing population of people no longer content to merely play a particular company's backlog. There's so much more that could be included, and it's really sad that more publishers aren't taking advantage of the opportunity to keep their history in the public eye. I'm still miffed at Tecmo's half-hearted effort, and have sadly had only Capcom's wonderful set (even though Black Tiger is inexplicably absent) to console me. Thus, I was really looking forward to Taito Legends, in hopes that this set would be different, but alas, it's just like all the rest.

Read the full article