Page 1 of 17 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: TNL Mobile - Alpha Preview now open

1. TNL Mobile - Alpha Preview now open

Okay folks - for all of you out there wanting a more mobile-friendly version of TNL, the mobile skin I've been working on is now available for anybody to try out. Please understand that this thing still needs a lot of work, and any "this needs fixing" comments you might have are things I probably already am well aware of.

What TNL Mobile is currently acceptable at doing
    * Reading posts
    * Voting on and seeing poll results
    * Quick replying to threads (but lacking quoting currently)
    * Seeing who's online

Beyond that, you will find that things either don't exist or will lead you to the "full" version of the skin. Please also be aware that even when this skin is finished, it will not be a fully-functioning skin: the purpose of this is not for heavy editing / moderation / etc. Its purpose is for casual reading and posting on TNL on the go.

A few points to keep in mind
    * When looking at the list of topics in a forum, title in black are threads that have new posts since you last viewed them. Clicking the thread's title should take you to the page with the newest post (to you). Titles in grey are threads with no new posts since you last read them, and clicking their title will take you to the last page of the thread.
    * Navigating back to a forum when viewing a thread is currently a little messy, due to the stupidity of how pre-built forum skins are.

Anyhow, there you go. Check it out, see what you think so far. Opinions are certainly welcome, but again, please remember that this is still very early. I've done all of my testing on an iPhone, so I'd love to especially hear comments from non-iPhone folks as to how usable this skin is. The skin will also optimize itself on the iPhone depending on what orientation the screen is in, but the sideways optimization hasn't really started yet.

Also, please be aware that I will obviously still be doing a lot of work on this skin, so I make no guarantee as to the functionality of the skin at any particular time until it is closer to being completed.
    Last edited by mollipen; 03 Jul 2009 at 05:50 PM.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

2. it's very blue!
    I'm on a blackberry storm, and everything is big enough to read without having to squint or magnify.
    Shit loads up quick too. I getting 50 posts per page loaded as quickly as 10 per page was on the your boss/phone hates you.
    I'll check it out over the weekend.

3. I love how just clicking on the thread title automatically takes you to last post read!
    It was annoying having to magnify the screen, switch from pan to cursor mode, and then try to click little check mark next to the thread.

4. This one I'm doing through the phone. I'm sure others can find shit that needs to be fixed, but this is pretty awesome. Good job shidoshi!

I always hold my phone landscape style when browsing, but portrait seems to work fine as well.
    Last edited by Some Stupid Japanese Name; 03 Jul 2009 at 06:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi View Post
    (but lacking quoting currently)
    This needs to be fixed. Everything else is pretty bitchin though.

6. Either its my stupidity or my stupid phone but I can't despoil spoilers.

Look at the Stile Project thread on tnl mobile. Broken and unreadable.

Also, images tend to fuck this skin up pretty badly. Attached thumbnails also don't show.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Look at the Stile Project thread on tnl mobile. Broken and unreadable.

Also, images tend to fuck this skin up pretty badly. Attached thumbnails also don't show.
    Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi
    Please understand that this thing still needs a lot of work, and any "this needs fixing" comments you might have are things I probably already am well aware of.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Either its my stupidity or my stupid phone but I can't despoil spoilers.
    Mobile browsers - or, at least the iPhone - don't seem to understand the act of hovering as well as desktop browsers (as there's no active pointing device until you click on something). I'm going to look into that, but it might require a change to the spoiler coding itself and not the skin.

10. I will be checking this out. Thanks Shidoshi!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    K3V is awesome!