Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345679 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Like Nintendo?

1. I think Yellerdog is trying to make the argument that Nintendo wasn't the one who changed (for the worse), we did (not for the worse). But that's crap IMO. Mario is less focused than it used to be. Sony beat them to the punch when it comes to user cretion in sidescrollers on consoles, something that should have been a sure thing on a Nintendo system by now. Nintendo wants to change the F-Zero formula after Sega treated the series with AAA quality. Their focus is on cheap plastic shit addons to capture the zero-attention span audience. These are fine (I just woudln't use them) as long as some of the other stuff comes too, like good online.

But it's all compounded by the fact that their fanbase changes their minds to fit what Nintendo is doing at the time. Countless times I heard "Nintendo is the only true game company" because unlike Sony's and MS' consoles, you couldn't watch a DVD on a Gamecube. But now Nintendo's focus is so far off of games it's ridiculous. And yet that's OK now. And countless times I heard "The PS2 RE4 sucks ass because the GC one looks awesome", but that is now "Graphics don't matter, gameplay does". You can't even quantify gameplay. And then these people want new experiences (which is why they shun the other systems as they're just NEW COAT OF PAINT), but they go ape shit over the newest Zelda game, the series which might have the most regurgitated gameplay. But those are just three examples.
    Last edited by Joust Williams; 09 Jul 2009 at 10:14 AM.

2. Yap yap yap. My argument is IT'S NOT GODDAMN FOR YOU ANYMORE AND THE KIDS DON'T CARE. Move on! Look how much thought you're trying to put into this shit!

Wah wah the DVD compression. SHUT UP. Go outside. Pet a fucking goat or something. Jesus.

I mean, would you ever, EVER want a girl to know you just typed that shit in that last post right there? I am embarassed for that post.
    Last edited by YellerDog; 09 Jul 2009 at 10:33 AM. Reason: i pray a moment of clarity hits you like a lead brick. or that you are hit by a lead brick. one of the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. you do the same shit with animation

4. It's probably my job?

The "it's not for you" argument doesn't fly when that idiot Reggie talks about "core gamers" every chance he gets. The fact that he doesn't even know what that means doesn't excuse him.

6. Can you guys believe the post office is selling stamps with The Simpsons on them? The Simpsons forcryinoutloud!

It's the federal government. Nothing surprises me, unless it's something smart.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    The "it's not for you" argument doesn't fly when that idiot Reggie talks about "core gamers" every chance he gets. The fact that he doesn't even know what that means doesn't excuse him.
    You guys are the parasites still hanging on. You think they're not gonna try to make money on you every chance they get? It's not like they forgot you were there, you're just not nearly as important. Who are the chumps in this scenario?

"Hey, we've got a bunch of fans from the 80s still."

"Got anything in the Metroid folder left?"

"$$$"

Scratch dat itch!
    Last edited by YellerDog; 09 Jul 2009 at 12:19 PM.

I'm not hanging on to anything except my mistaken system purchases of theirs. I haven't bought a Nintendo-published game since Mario Galaxy and have no plans to buy another one.

10. Well laa dee dah. You helped pay for everything you don't like about this company.