Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 791011

Thread: how modern pop music is made

Quote Originally Posted by Cowutopia View Post

Even in entertainment, there are so many options available for content and delivery that you can totally bubble yourself in and pay attention to only what you're interested in. I've had talks to my grandfather about this a lot. This is a lot of the current generation: cultural isolation. And it's not good. More kids need to pay attention to what's going on everywhere so they can get involved in the country and make informed decisions.

I think it's starting to get better. We'll see.
    well, you have better outlook than most, even me. Me and yeller were talking about books the other day. Something about the internet and all that.

Anyway, he made the point that it feels like there is a bigger gap between smart kids and "dumb" kids. I think I mostly agree with that, and I think its because of what you just described. The "smart kids" get into little groups and ignore everyone else. You even see that with some people here. They strongly don't care (if that makes any sense) about what happens to everyone else so long as they have access to the things within the groups they like. On the flip side of that, you have "stupid kids" that are feeding off crap.

Something that has really stood out to me in the past two years is how much advertising is promoting the idea of being a stupid little shit. Frat boy and springer breaker personalities fill commercials. Their way of talking and their dumbass sense of humor is all over commercials now. Little chicken shit Dan Cooks all over the place.

I asked my Dad today while we watched TV if he had noticed it, and he said yeah. I asked him why he thought the commercials were now like this, and said probably because young kids are little jack asses.

And that is kind of where we are at. Shit feeding on shit. And its because of doing studies and target market crap. They study a group of young kids. Most of them are little stupid assholes, so they fill the commercial with stupid little assholes. Which in turn encourages viewers to be stupid little assholes.

here is the first example I could think of. Listen to the dialog and how he delivers it.
    Last edited by Fe 26; 11 Jul 2009 at 07:07 AM.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Cowutopia View Post
    It's more than possible. There are a ton of acts doing that now.

See: Offspring. Following trends their entire career.
    But...

"Smash"
    (1994)

I'm not a trendy asshole
    I do what I want
    I do what I feel like
    I'm not a trendy asshole
    Don't give a fuck
    If it's good enough for you

3. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    I found this little video while cleaning up my bookmarks

it is about how easy it is now to put together a pop song

Music has really improved in the last 7-5 years (unless you are ignorant as fuck on where to look). And the producers of that video were purposely trying to make it as cheesy and shitty as fuck.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

I do not remember making this thread