Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11131415161719 ... LastLast

Thread: Top 10 Pop Punk Albums? (non-Ramones)

1. Sounds really good!

You know what I think is really fucking awesome? The Vandals - Hitler Bad, Vandals Good. What a great album!

Listened to some Goodbye Harry and liked it a lot. Also listened to some Osker and thought it was pretty good.

The Queers' Punk Rock Confidential is really great as is Don't Back Down. I'm not sure which one I like more... Don't Back Down (the song) is totally early Beach Boys which was really nice! Both albums rock.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    Sounds really good!

You know what I think is really fucking awesome? The Vandals - Hitler Bad, Vandals Good. What a great album!

The Queers' Punk Rock Confidential is really great as is Don't Back Down. I'm not sure which one I like more... Don't Back Down (the song) is totally early Beach Boys which was really nice! Both albums rock.
    Yeah, the Vandals are an ok band, but I got sick of them after I saw them live a few times. They can also get a bit too "jokey" for my tastes. "Live Fast Diarreha" is a good album too.

I think I like "Don't Back Down" the best out of The Queers' stuff. Their newest full length "Munki Brain" is actually pretty decent too though. Some really good Beach Boys inspired stuff on that album as well.

Don't Back Down is actually a cover of an early Beach Boys song... so that explains that!

4. Well... the more you know!

5. How do you not love the Beach Boys?

Ask icarusfall. I'm betting he hates them. dad rock, mom's wet panties, ect.

7. You'd be right.
    Boo, Hiss.

8. Oh, does the Def Leppard advocate have something to say about dad rock and cougars?

9. Def Leppard is from my childhood. I have a connection to it.

Also: It's not dogma and there are exceptions, but he's right - I don't like the Beach Boys.

Furthermore: I just dug out God and the Devil are Raging Inside Me and it's just amazing. Not pop-punk at all, but amazing.

In Conclusion: Stick up for what you like whether or not someone calls it gay. I'll probably call almost everything you listen to gay, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't listen to it. It means I shouldn't listen to it. What fun would it be if I postscripted everything with "This is just my opinion and I'm wording it strongly for effect". Almost always I'm posting something just to be miserable. It's usually how I actually feel - just modified for maximum indigestion. Basically: I'm a troll.
    Last edited by icarusfall; 28 Jul 2009 at 12:57 AM.
    Boo, Hiss.

Your mom is a troll.