Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: Top 10 Pop Punk Albums? (non-Ramones)

1. Both of those are awesome, but def not pop punk.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

2. hmm how come no mention of

Wire-Pink Flag..

fucking awesome album and a classic...

3. Operation Ivy's Energy isn't really a pop punk album, but it laid the groundwork for a lot of west coast pop punk and I'd throw it in if I were feeling generous.

4. Well, I came in here expecting to have something to add, but you guys seem to have covered most of the bases. Off the top of my head I would definetly add Alkaline Trio's "Goddamnit" as a something to check out. I'm sure I have a few more gems that nobody has mentioned yet, but cannot think of them now.

5. Dead Milkmen and Dillinger Four haven't been mentioned. Beelzebubba and Midwestern Songs Of The Americas are both stellar.
    Last edited by FirstBlood; 14 Jul 2009 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mman View Post
    Well, I came in here expecting to have something to add, but you guys seem to have covered most of the bases. Off the top of my head I would definetly add Alkaline Trio's "Goddamnit" as a something to check out. I'm sure I have a few more gems that nobody has mentioned yet, but cannot think of them now.
    Yes.

Also maybe something from Hot Water Music, and Destination Failure from the Smoking Popes.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

Pete DeBoer's Tie

I've had The Get Up Kids on my mp3 player/pod since 2000, but never really listened to them that much, putting them on the back burner as a pop/punk band, one of "those bands that sounded like all the other bands I listened to in high school", that I would listen to usually only when shuffle came up.

So I just listened to Something To Write Home About straight through and I'm kicking myself.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie

9. Thanks for the replies. I'm listening to Something to Write Home About right now and it's really amazing so far.

I have The Loved Ones, and like it a lot; I have Lawrence Arms "Oh, Calcutta!" and generally like it a lot too. I have all the Alkaline Trio stuff, Dillinger Four, that Smoking Popes album, but haven't ever listened to this stuff.
    Last edited by Scourge; 14 Jul 2009 at 04:56 PM.

10. Is Getup Kids the one with Sean Ingram?
    Boo, Hiss.