Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: Top 10 Pop Punk Albums? (non-Ramones)

Since The Vapors made Turning Japanese, I don't think they're a well-kept secret.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

I'd say they are, considering 99.9% of the music listening population has never listened to any songs except that one. I'm also betting that no one has any idea who did that "Japanese song about jerking off"

3. The Vapors, duh!
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

4. Would we really call The Vapors punk? I always thought they were New Wave.

To me they're all the good things about pop-punk and none of the bad.

6. My friend just said that Dear Landlord sounds like New Found Glory. WTF?!

EDIT - Not sure if my friend has heard New Found Glory lately....but does THIS REALLY sound like THIS
    Last edited by magnifiedplaid; 20 Jul 2009 at 06:30 PM.

If you're not a fan of the genre it all sounds the same. This works for anything.

8. I saw Dear Landlord and Off with Their Heads live last night. It was the first show I've been too since my vertigo attacks started a year ago, and lets just say it was an AWESOME show. They played in Pomona too, which I loved because I hate having to go to L.A. or Hollywood for shows.

The lamest moment was running into Adam Alive and Adam Fletcher, and I accidentally said "Hey Adam," and neither of them knew who I was talking to. lol.

9. So... I love that For Science album. Except one song that goes into Meatloaf territory. But other than that: Golden.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    So... I love that For Science album. Except one song that goes into Meatloaf territory. But other than that: Golden.
    haha...I love the Meatloaf territory song. Is "A Rage Against Heaven" the Meatloaf song?