Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Headphones.

1. Headphones.

I listen with headphones a lot, and just recently my Sony headphones gave up after 10 years of service.

They worked fine enough for me, so I think I want to stick to Sony's. MDR-V6 model seems to be the most loved. Anyone have a pair of these?

Does anyone have any brag-worthy headphones?

2. Shure E2C Sound Isolating Earphones. Awesome.

3. I have a pair of these: Audio-Technica ATH A900's

Many compare these to headphones twice the price

These are not going out with an ipod/walkman type phones. They are pretty big. But they Blow away the Sony MDR-V6 in every way. Highs Lows Mids you name it. And the soundstage is amazing

ATH A500's are also good. and may be more in the same price range as the sony's

These are Japan only phones, but here is a good link to grab them from

Buy ATH A900 Here

Buy ATH A500 Here

If you want earbuds definitely go with the Shure E2C or better

Best site I have ever found for headphone infop and comparisons:

www.head-fi.org Check out the forums

Other Suggestions:

Grado SR Series
    Sennheiser 595 or higher
    Sennheiser 280
    Last edited by D_N_G; 23 Feb 2005 at 06:24 PM.

7 dollar pair of Sony earbuds. I've gone through several pairs though.

edit: OMG, I can show pictures too!

They used to be all black. WTF?
    Last edited by Revoltor; 24 Feb 2005 at 02:59 AM.
    "Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."

5. Sony MDR-V700

Before these I had a pair of sennheisers, which were very nice, especially for the price. But one of the speakers pooped out and instead of fixing it I got this as a present from my parents.
    your mom

6. If anyone's looking for the best headphones you'll ever buy for $20 - 2 or 3 times a year Radio Shack puts their Pro-35A set on sale. They are normally $40, and are made by Koss (says Koss right on the cord). The size is right, they aren't huge but the titanium coated speaker diaphragms make some nice bass and treble to boot. They have an inline volume and might even make a nice extra pair for some of you with those more expensive units, besides being more presentable in public......

Link
    ..you see - Radio Shack IS good for something after all!

7. Sony MDR-CD180

Best cheep (sub $20) pair of headphones I've ever had.
    Last edited by Timber; 24 Feb 2005 at 02:47 AM.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

8. KOSS KSC-55

For less than 20 bucks, they're fantastic.
    Time for a change

9. But they Blow away the Sony MDR-V6 in every way. Highs Lows Mids you name it. And the soundstage is amazing
    I wish I knew what you were talking about. Needless to say, that audiophile forum is frightening.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeno G
    Sony MDR-CD180
    Yeah, these are almost exactly what I had. MDR-CD60s. I had no complaints.

I'm using some MDR-027s right now and oh God. Awful.

Painful freebie 'phones.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Punky Skunk
    I wish I knew what you were talking about. Needless to say, that audiophile forum is frightening.
    Some guy put up a diagram plotting out how shitty one pair of headphones was to the other. I also learned that some headphones work better with certain devices.

I'm happy to be more of a videogame fan.

And yeah, I'm using those headphones too :P
    "Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."