Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Warcraft The Movie

1. I'll watch it because I dug the games, but I really feel that even with whatever the fuck took them this long they really should have struck while the iron was hotter.

WoW has the lowest amount of subscribers right now that it's had in like 10 years.

Is it wierd I smiled when looking at baby thrall? If this movie is successful, i can't wait to see him fuck shit up during the uprising

3. Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post
    I'll watch it because I dug the games, but I really feel that even with whatever the fuck took them this long they really should have struck while the iron was hotter.

WoW has the lowest amount of subscribers right now that it's had in like 10 years.
    This timing could actually work out for them either way. A shitty movie could sink the franchise for a while, so if there's any time to go out and focus on their other games this would be better than during, say, WOTLK. At the same time, of course, if the movie does really well it could bring their numbers way back up even though their subscription numbers are now "only" as good at the other best selling titles in the industry.

I personally think they should've done something more off-the-wall, because even though early Warcraft stuff is the foundation all the stories rest on this also looks so generic I'm not sure I would give a shit if I wasn't already familiar with the franchise. Fuck it, just do a movie starring smoker-voiced Chromie and gothed-out Jaina where the former continually has conversations with people about stuff they haven't done yet and the latter tries to kill everyone. Buddy movie comedy of the year.

lol, smoker voice Chromie yes

5. kek

6. Guess I'm seeng this for free.

7. I'm sorry
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

8. This was fine, I don't know why people are trashing it. It's an origin movie for Azeroth.

9. Also, there are PLENTY of references and touches that people who played WoW/1/2/3 will appreciate.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post
    This was fine, I don't know why people are trashing it. It's an origin movie for Azeroth.
    I haven't seen it yet but it seems some reviews are people trying to bad mouth it to be cool. Considering the level of lore this series has, its funny watching people pretending to flex their knowledge of the series towards the movie when it's clear they're just in the middle of digging through a wiki for the first time.