Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2456

Thread: Warcraft The Movie

1. Movie is fine. Human actors are kinda shit, Orcs were very well done.

2. This was basically what I thought it would be.

I wanna see Thrall rise to power in a sequel and then just go straight to Illidan and Arthas in the third and fourth and call it a day.

3. Saw this last night. Not bad! Not sure why the main wizard had to actually be a WOW player, but whatever, the orc stuff was really fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

4. So since I just saw this previous weekend and it's still somewhat fresh in my mind, I'm gonna try writing a review on it.

Initial Thoughts: Going into the film, I was honestly a mix of apprehensive and excited. I was apprehensive because the trailers didn't do a great job of revealing much about what the film was going to be about. Which in some aspects could be considered good because it encourages viewers to actually go and see the movie; whereas, other times it can be a detriment to the film. I never actually got into the craze of WoW when it came out, I knew several people who did though and they seemed to dedicate multiple hours, almost becoming hermits to play it. I happened to get to the theater almost an hour early and was able to do some research on the film so I was able to learn a few of the apprehensive thoughts of other reviewers/viewers so I was leaning more toward apprehensive going in. Looking at the cast list left me wondering who half of them were. There were at least two who were familiar though such as Travis Fimmel (The Vikings) and Ben Foster (Lone Survivor, 30 Days of Night, The Finest Hours).

Movie Thoughts: The movie starts off right in the middle of the action, leaving you to wonder what exactly is going on. They give a brief rundown on the fact that the orc world is dead and they need to find a new one. The leader of the Orcs, Gul'dan, is building a 'portal' that will grant access to another world through the use of 'life' or souls. It kind of jumps around a bit and leaves you wondering what exactly is happening. You see dwarfs and elves; but, they don't delve too much into them other than the occasional line or argument. They hint at the 'Guardian'; but, again, they don't shed any light on what exactly a Guardian is or the origins of it. You get the sense that it's something powerful and important based upon the deference shown him. There was so much CGI that it was easy to get distracted and sidetracked throughout the movie.

Final Thoughts: Overall, it was a decent movie. Acting was eh; but, there was enough action to keep you entertained and engaged. I'd give it a 6.5/10. Something I'd recommend to fellow gaming lovers.
    Last edited by Vengeance; 15 Jun 2016 at 09:05 PM.

5. Thanks for setting up a review format, that would have been entirely unintelligible otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

6. Sweet Bern.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

7. Thank you kindly for pointing that out, I have since rectified my error.

8. This movie was okay. Made me want to replay Warcraft.

9. That's the thing. I think it was Ok. It certainly wasn't whatever the hell 20 some percent RT had.

10. Never played the game. The movie was kinda shit though.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle