Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123457 ... LastLast

Thread: The Cabin in the Woods

1. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    See the one thing that pissed me off that the trailer spoiled was: That the stoner dude wasn't actually dead when you thought he was first killed since the trailers had shown the whole going down the elevator thing.
    I luckily didn't notice that part in the trailer, but totally would have been annoyed if I did. Though, I assumed he wasn't dead since they didn't show him actually being killed, going along with the horror movie full of movie cliches.. I will say that one of my favorite scenes by far was, the scientist gambling scene where everyone is putting down money on which nightmare will be choosen. Everything about it from the banter with the intern about how maintenance already chose the Buckleys, to seeing the list of choices on the white board with things like "angry molesting tree" and "killer clown" (only to have that all come full circle near the end), was absolutely hilarious and kick ass..
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Brand X View Post
    I luckily didn't notice that part in the trailer, but totally would have been annoyed if I did. Though, I assumed he wasn't dead since they didn't show him actually being killed, going along with the horror movie full of movie cliches.. I will say that one of my favorite scenes by far was, the scientist gambling scene where everyone is putting down money on which nightmare will be choosen. Everything about it from the banter with the intern about how maintenance already chose the Buckleys, to seeing the list of choices on the white board with things like "angry molesting tree" and "killer clown" (only to have that all come full circle near the end), was absolutely hilarious and kick ass..
    God yes. I can't wait for bluray so I can actually read everything that was written down. Pretty much everything in The facility is hilarious and awesome. I loved the speaker phone thing with Mordakai. Also the huge crowd gathered for the sex scene
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

3. There is seriously too much awesome in this movie the more I sit with this one I really need to see it again in the theaters. I was just thinking about When Thor tried to ride his motorcycle over the canyon. I turned to my friend and was like "he's going to crash into the mountain"...rides over the edge, BAM, hits the barrier. Totally forgot about the barrier and couldn't stop laughing at how awesome it was even though I kind of knew it was going to happen anyways.

Whedon and Goddard really outdid themselves with the script, and entire production. The mix of humor and tension was executed as perfectly as it could have possibly been done. With this movie it would be VERY easy to make it terrible, but they pulled it off better than even my high expectations could have anticipated.

edit: GOOD WORK, ZOMBIE HAND.
    Last edited by Brand X; 14 Apr 2012 at 06:10 PM.
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

4. Most definitely. This is the movie that Scream wishes it could have been. A great deconstruction of horror movies and horror movie fans.

Also that I can't stop going back to how incredibly awesome that third act was. That's another thing i can't wait to watch over and over again on bluray since there was so much shit going on to catch

fuck yes unicorn

How hard is it to fucking kill 9 year olds?
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

5. I'm glad to hear so much love for this movie. TNL and I rarely see eye to eye on these things.

6. I can't see anyone who is a fan of the horror genre not enjoying this film. If I had one complaint it would be, overall lack of creativity with the actual kills of the 3 initial kids, and a tendency to cut away from the gore (with the third act being the exception). The kill cuts reminded me a lot of The Hunger Games, with blood splatters and a quick cut, but this didn't have a PG-13 rating.. Though that fault is myself going out of my way to find something I didn't like, because I felt everything else worked so well, I wouldn't change it.

Also, read this review if you have seen the movie (full of spoilers). I love reading shit like this, it's hilarious.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

7. Just got done watching. This movie is pretty awesome. Didn't know shit about it just that it had good reviews. Really really odd movie. Im with the rest of you guys saying not to read or watch anything about it. Just go see it! It's got something for everyone. Gore, scares, laughs, and titties!
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

8. Bout to watch this, only thing I saw was Korly's spoiler and I have no fucking idea what that means.

9. Holy shit this movie. I'm so glad I avoided reading anything about it.

It reminded me a bit of Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tNrvDA_eE8 Though, the movie is much better than the trailer implies), but The Cabin in the Woods is FAR better at it.

10. I was waiting for... A screw job where we find out the pot head was the virgin, and the girl was the fool for acting like one the whole trip Oh well.