Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 24567810 ... LastLast

Thread: The Cabin in the Woods

1. Quote Originally Posted by Brand X View Post
    You're the one who set yourself up for disappointment, if you would call it that since you have no complaints about the movie itself, and thought it was fun and creative. All bbobb and I were talking about is how much fucking awesome there is in this movie, and that it shouldn't be spoiled before you go into the theaters. If you don't agree with that, great, but at least try and make a coherent point instead of saying "I'M NEVER LISTENING TO TNL AGAIN BECAUSE I THOUGHT THIS MOVIE WAS FUN AND CREATIVE BUT IT'S NOT THE RAID DURRRRR".
    Guess what I'm saying it there wasn't as much awesome as I figured would be. I didn't spoil anything for myself so I had no idea what to expect.

A complaint I would have would be the actual deaths of all the people, except for the obvious cool ones like the unicorn and merman. The guy hitting the force-field was funny, but the rest of the deaths were underwhelming. Funny, I'm expecting more gruesome kills, kind of what the point of the movie was. lol

And didn't you guys find yourselves laughing and smiling more than anything else? I figured in a movie like this they would try and go a little more over the top with the kills.

One of my favorite quotes was easily "the wind probably blew it open." I laughed for a few good minute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    If I'm going to be taxed, I'd rather it be to build a Death Star than to feed lazy Wookiees.

2. Quote Originally Posted by aren View Post
    And didn't you guys find yourselves laughing and smiling more than anything else? I figured in a movie like this they would try and go a little more over the top with the kills.
    Yes, I did find myself laughing and smiling throughout the whole movie. Because it was clever, smart, fun, suspenseful, full of awesome dialogue, amazing references to the horror genre, and a story that went in directions that most writers/directors would end up producing as campy, and they pulled off a masterful execution of it within an extremely stale genre. That's what I found so enjoyable about the movie, and that's why it's one of the few movies in recent memory that has me itching to get back to the theater to see it again. And that, as far as I'm concerned is exactly what I was looking for.

Realistically, there were only 3 kills before the third act when it was an insane bloodbath, and the third kill in the van while not grusome, was unexpected and made me jump. And like you, that was my only complaint, and be it an extremely minor one because of everything else that was produced so well.

You clearly had expectations outside of some of us being excited in this thread, that this movie would have kills in line with what the modern suspense/horror genre has been giving us for the past 10 years, and that's exactly what it didn't deliver. But to me that wasn't an expectation, so to not have that style of gore didn't bother me in the least, and actually made me like it more since the director didn't need to fall back on what all other horror productions (on average) have been doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

Wait, a Joss Whedon movie was clever and funny and made you smile and laugh more than anything else?

That's so fucking weird.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

4. Only click if you have seen the movie. bbobb, what you were hoping to see from the Bluray.
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    Wait, a Joss Whedon movie was clever and funny and made you smile and laugh more than anything else?

That's so fucking weird.
    This was everything I wanted and expected a good Joss Whedon "horror" movie to be. I loved every second of it. When the elevator doors open on the swat team. BRILLIANT.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Brand X View Post
    Only click if you have seen the movie. bbobb, what you were hoping to see from the Bluray.
    Angry Molesting Tree AND Deadites!!!!! so fucking good.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

That Dragonbat was fucking shit up!
    I really want to see it again.

8. Ding!

9. Quote Originally Posted by Brand X View Post
    Only click if you have seen the movie. bbobb, what you were hoping to see from the Bluray.
    Kevin!

10. These are some amazing spoilers about Easter eggs.

There's even a hidden Firefly mention!