Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 356789 ... LastLast

Thread: The Cabin in the Woods

1. Just saw it. Fucking awesome...one of those movies where its a breath of fresh air, its so fun and original, unlike 99.999% of the recycled crap out there. It did for the horror genre what The Raid did for action movies.

The last third was a total blast. I loved it.

I said the exact same thing Dole. The raid is to Action movies what Cabin in the woods is to Horror. its great. one of my faves of the year.

3. I saw this last week and was completely blown away by it. Now it's playing at the theater where I work and I still can't get enough. A co-worker of mine said this, and I'm inclined to agree with her, that this is the best American horror movie to come out in the last 15 years. The performances are rich, the little world they've built is interesting and the third act is a total fucking blast.

My favorite joke/moment switches around but, at the moment, it is:

FUCK YOU! FUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUUUCKYOU

Edit - Also, my favorite monster was the mist ghost that rips that guy's soul out in the elevator scene and runs off with it.
    Last edited by Mr-K; 24 Apr 2012 at 01:03 AM.

4. My only complaint about the monster selection was that they didn't include any classic slasher movie archetypes, like a Jason Voorhees-type killer or something. The Pinhead parody was great and all (and I guess you could count the clown), but the pure slasher genre needed representing.

Personally, I got a kick out of the robot with the buzzsaws. My gf's fave was the unicorn.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Mr-K View Post

Edit - [spoiler]Also, my favorite monster was the mist ghost that rips that guy's soul out in the elevator scene and runs off with it.
    I think you forgot to close that spoiler tag.

6. [/spoiler]

7. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    My only complaint about the monster selection was that they didn't include any classic slasher movie archetypes, like a Jason Voorhees-type killer or something. The Pinhead parody was great and all (and I guess you could count the clown), but the pure slasher genre needed representing.

Personally, I got a kick out of the robot with the buzzsaws. My gf's fave was the unicorn.
    On one of the screens depicting the mayhem going around the lab there's a guy with a plastic bag on his head carrying a big ass knife and stalking after someone. Close enough.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Mr-K View Post
    On one of the screens depicting the mayhem going around the lab there's a guy with a plastic bag on his head carrying a big ass knife and stalking after someone. Close enough.
    With all the crazy shit that was going on in that scene, I must have missed that.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

9. I watched this on a whim and found it to be surprisingly delightful. I look forward to seeing it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    With all the crazy shit that was going on in that scene, I must have missed that.
    Ive seen it 3 times, and i noticed on the screens: The Fly, Nosferatu,The jason like killer, 28 days later vomiting zombies, hellraiser,pennywise,a classic devil,the twins from the shining, thats all i was able to see.
    Last edited by JBNagis; 26 Apr 2012 at 02:20 AM.