Page 1 of 11 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Keep The Motor Running

1. Keep The Motor Running

Previously titled: I Hate Horror Movies - Doc presents a series on vagina airing (where I used TNL's advanced arguing abilities to brainstorm how to shoot my first slasher flick)

What annoys you about slasher, thiller, and psycho-dramas? What's put into them that makes you roll your eyes or shake your head?
    Last edited by Doc Holliday; 05 Apr 2010 at 03:35 AM. Reason: Movie is done.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

2. Ummm... The only offense a horror movie can possibly commit is neglecting to show enough boobies.

The genre is pretty flawless otherwise.

3. I love horror movies. Love 'em.

As for complaints, however...I guess they could try having more character development so you actually give a shit when someone gets killed. I'd also like to see more "average" looking people in them as opposed to the pretty, perfect-looking model-types that you always see. Shit, a friend and I were watching Alien the other night and I noted to him that there wasn't one attractive person in that whole movie. It was almost refreshing.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

4. Nancy is pretty average looking too. In the 1980's you would have thought it a crime not to make it a 36D Hawaiian Tropics girl posing as a high schooler.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

5. I love horror movies too, but like anything that you love you have to forgive its faults. Acting is always a big problem, since the budgets tend to be so low--but that can add to the charm. The stories are usually stupid. They can be misogynistic and appeal to the the lowest common denominator. Even The Evil Dead, a movie that I love, has a retarded plot, silly special effects, and stupid acting. But there's something about that image of a cabin in the woods submerged in fog that sticks with you. It's just fun--like modern campfire stories.

I also think that looking at horror movies and stories has an interesting commentary about what society fears at the time. I wrote a paper on it a while ago--it's neat to look back on this stuff.

But for the most part they are crappy movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheebs View Post
    Ummm... The only offense a horror movie can possibly commit is neglecting to show enough boobies.

Holy shit did you nail it.

</thread>

7. Quote Originally Posted by Cheebs View Post
    Ummm... The only offense a horror movie can possibly commit is neglecting to show enough boobies.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Holy shit did you nail it.

</thread>
    agreed. end the thread.

Also: the girl taking a shower ... while the killer is on the loose. Oh yeah you're safe.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

8. You don't like girls taking showers?

9. Advocate likes dem stank hoes.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

10. Quote Originally Posted by Dyne View Post
    You don't like girls taking showers?
    I love girls taking showers, but the fear factor is gone when like every fucking Horror movie has this. Hell fucking Scream brought it up and I agreed with it. Still do.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.