Page 1 of 13 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: 11 year old plays Contra for the first Time

1. 11 year old plays Contra for the first Time

2. Gahhh. Stupid kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. Makes perfect sense to me.

Although kids are generally pretty stupid.

4. What a waste of time. Obviously the kid is gonna hate it, he doesn't have nostalgia for it. They should have sat the kid down in front of Ghosts n Goblins and bet him 20 bucks he couldn't see world 2 in an hour. That would be more fun to watch.

"It's not as easy as Halo 3."

6. My nephew (who is 11) plays baseball games with the put adjusted sliders completely in favor of him (and against the AI), and he is up 100-0 or some shit and thinks that is fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Changeling View Post
    What a waste of time. Obviously the kid is gonna hate it, he doesn't have nostalgia for it. They should have sat the kid down in front of Ghosts n Goblins and bet him 20 bucks he couldn't see world 2 in an hour. That would be more fun to watch.
    nostalgia isn't the only answer to this.

Kids in general are more about instant gratification these days. And they also get many games a year. So unlike any of us, they didn't get contra, and that be the only game they had for the next half year, to year.

8. Lol. He's gonna' make the kid play Battletoads next? That's the nostalgic game equivalent of seeing if the kid can go a round with Brock Lesnar.

Also: Lol stupid kid

9. The reason why kids are going to think Contra is stupid is because they're already exposed to 3D games with impressive graphics, so having them play Contra will feel like a huge step backwards for them. If you had introduced Contra to a kid who hasn't played any 3D games like Call of Duty or Halo (like us, since they didn't exist back then), their opinion would be different.
    R.I.P. Paragon Studios

we also live in a world of DSes, cellphone games, and free flash games.

2D isn't the problem.