Page 1 of 6 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Dante's Inferno

1. Puyo Dante's Inferno

Id only seen a blurry picture or two of this game in Game Informer but I got a chance to play this at Comic Con and was surprised that it didnt suck balls.

I played God of War 3 right before this and thought that this one 'Out God of War'ed God of War' so to speak. The environment was darker and a bit more disturbing, the gameplay was very similar all the way down to the hold R1 + triangle to do stronger moves to the dodging with analog stick, it was tougher, there was even a conscience mechanic at work like Infamous/Bioshock (find a lost soul - do you Baptise or punish him?) so there are probably branching move sets based around it.
    I definitely love me some God of War but this game wasnt even remotely on my radar until yesterday.
    Did any of you other guys who went to the 'con play this?

Last edited by Jetman; 28 Jul 2009 at 03:24 PM.

2. Neato.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. I heard more about their promotional controversy at Comic-Con than anything about the game...I thought it was supposed to psychologically dark and twisted, but it seems like it just took God of War's route with its source material. Unfortunately, all the scythe combat in SC4 and NG2 make the animations here all look derivative, although the QTE have some flavor to them. I'm sure it will be fun to play through once.

Why would you think this would suck balls? It's from the same team as Dead Space if I am remembering right. God of War is the series that originated from that moronic hack David Jaffe.

5. Who said it sucks balls (unless, you're saying I'm implying that by comparing it to GoW)?

Given the esoteric nature of the source material, compared to the entirely standard-looking 3D combat in the videos posted, I think it's a fair initial impression.

Not you. The original post... "was surprised that it didnt suck balls."

7. Wait, this is real?

there was even a conscience mechanic at work like Infamous/Bioshock (find a lost soul - do you Baptise or punish him?)
    I can't tell whether I should laugh or cry. This is the best and worst thing I have ever read.
    Last edited by A Robot Bit Me; 30 Jul 2009 at 04:50 PM.

8. Please tell me the jacked, armor-clad badass with the gigantic scythe and washboard abs is Dante. Please.

9. It is and isn't. He's named Dante, but his whole backstory is different and he's effectively a different character. I think there's some kind of save the princess shit going on too. It's more based on the setting of Dante's Inferno than the story itself.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 30 Jul 2009 at 05:52 PM.

10. It's like the epic poetry edition of 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand, really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!