Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The Best Serial Killer Movies Of All Time

1. Quote Originally Posted by SpoDaddy View Post
    Did you accidentally watch American Psycho 2?
    I saw the first one. It really was better than I thought it'd be and I didn't immediately throw the thing on the giveaway pile. But still far too much hype for what it actually delivers.

And I know this has nothing to do with the movie itself but I'll rant for a moment anyway. In the intros to deleted scenes Reese Witherspoon is talking about "oh it was so different then and it really was a unique time". LOL. I fail to see in what way America as a society has evolved since then. The excess, greed, vanity and detachment that this movie tries to showcase is exactly the same now as it was then. Probably worse.

Anyway it's been mentioned but I really enjoyed Manhunter as well.

2. Se7en and The Cell were both on at the same time earlier tonight. Both are scored by Howard Shore, who is amazing. And both are innovative in what they do. They are the best serial killer movies ever.

Also, best song regarding said killers:

3. Quote Originally Posted by soundwave View Post
    This. It's Vince Vaughn in his Vince Vaughn smug asshole mode but he's also a psycho. Totally underrated with good performances.
    Finally! I've tried to get people to watch this in both the Netflix and I Just Watched threads. The movie hits you about four good times with a 'WTF?! Did that just happen or is he dreaming??' moment.

suicide death sex body in the water killer in the jail

My names' not cowboy.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

4. Quote Originally Posted by Kev View Post
    Se7en and The Cell ...are the best serial killer movies ever.
    The Cell was so close to being an amazing film. Visually, it hits on all cylinders, but it just falls short on the story side of things, which is enough to bring the whole film down immensely. I think if they spent another year or so on refining the plot and maybe made some better casting decisions it would have been a classic.