Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Public Enemies

1. Public Enemies

Checked the search and didn't see a thread for this yet. Here's the trailer for the new Johnny Depp, Michael Mann movie about John Dillinger.
    http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/publicenemies/

Depp is always a treat and Mann is one of my favorite directors so I have hopes for this. Also Doc's been waiting for this trailer to come out for a while as he's completley gay for Johnny Depp .
    Last edited by Zac; 04 Mar 2009 at 05:35 PM.

2. Who isn't?!
    Looks good.
    Looking over the cast list at imdb, this has quite a few good actors in it.

3. Yeah I forgot to mention Mr. Christian "Potty Mouth" Bale.

4. This was filmed in Chicago. I was an extra in it. I met Johnny Depp. Pretty cool cat in person, we had a small chat about life and at the end of it he said to me, "Godspeed." I said, "Later, bud." And that's my story about meeting Johnny Depp.

FYI, they shot several takes with Johnny and I. The first couple takes I just walked by him as he was entering a theater. And then the director, Michael Mann, told me to accidentally bump into Johnny Depp and see what happens. I did. Shouldered him pretty good. Too good in fact. The director asked me to not do it anymore. Probably afraid I was going to take out the star. I apologized to Johnny afterward and he said I didn't hurt him (probably a lie), and that's when we started talking about life junk.

The other scene I was in, the next day, I was in the background drinking at a pub while Johnny was talking to the bartender.

The costume department got my hair all slicked back all olde timey style and gave me a pretty sweet wardrobe of clothes I wished I could have kept. Met Johnny Depp. Met a girl on set I ended up dating for a month. Plus got paid for it all (would have done it for free). Good experience all around.

Looking forward to seeing if I can see myself in the movie.
    -Mullet Jockey-
    Check out my site!
    Eat. Sleep. Music.

5. Seik, you got a chance to be an extra? Sounds like you had fun. I tried contacting the person that was in charge of extras a few times but never heard back as they were filming in Indiana too. I was bummed to say the least.

6. They shot a bunch of shit here in Wisconsin near where I live. They actually changed a bunch of signs and fronts of storeS in oshkosh.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

7. Awesome trailer and awesome extra story! The timing on this movie is perfect as I'm really into noir and pre-noir Cagney/Robinson movies right now!

EDIT: Did I say Day One?
    Last edited by Doc Holliday; 04 Mar 2009 at 10:08 PM.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

8. Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiMoogle View Post
    They shot a bunch of shit here in Wisconsin near where I live. They actually changed a bunch of signs and fronts of storeS in oshkosh.
    I was really sick of hearing about this in the news. Oh, and from all the stupid bitches in the bars in Oshkosh.

9. I don't go to Oshkosh much, just drive through it a lot. Oshkosh sucks.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

10. Trailer looks kick ass and I can't wait for this movie to hit number one. Just so the headline will read Public Enemies Number One. Because headline writers are so easy to predict.