Page 29 of 56 FirstFirst ... 152527282930313343 ... LastLast

Thread: The Quarantines

1. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    noob

I wish I could talk about this! Suffice to say it is the dumbest story ever.
    Cool. Thanks for the link. I don't know how I missed that. haha.

I understand why you can't talk about the Less Than Jake thing too...especially if its a really dumb story. Its not in any way connected to how The Dopamines ended up on Paper and Plastick is it? I thought it was kind of odd that The Dopamines left Its Alive Records too...I honestly don't think Paper and Plastick is that big of an upgrade over Its Alive. If anything, the only thing Paper and Plastick will do is whore out the album for free, everywhere, online...

Also, in response to K3V, like Josh said...I am definitely not in those bands. However, I do like to heavily promote bands that I think are keeping it real, and releasing some of the best music available.

Dead Mechanical already has a great full length album, a nice catalog of solid 7"s, and the new album sounds like it is going to top everything else that they've previously released.

Meanwhile, The Dopamines are one of the best bands going in pop-punk right now too. Just try listening to songs like "Try This Kids at Home" or "Dan Teets Runs a Marathon", and try to say that its not catchier than shit.

http://www.myspace.com/thedopaminesohio

2. i just bought one from firestarter records, i'm emailing you for my mp3s dammit!

Also - i'll add that the lyric i find getting stuck in my head is "nowhere else i'd rather be - than the andromeda galaxy" THATS RATHER CATCHY MATE
    Commentaries and Opinions on Metal

Thanks! I like that one too!

4. listened to the mp3s today - quite a bit actually - aside from that lyric being my favorite, i'll say that my favorite song is What Have I Done Now - maybe b/c its so different lyrically from the rest of the songs, plus the vocal melodies are really strong in a melancholic way. I dig the robots and space theme though, keep up the good rockin

5. I just got my order from firestarter #42 out of 50, now im waiting for my order from ccnow..

cool shit josh...

What Have I Done Now tells the story of the scientist responsible for the outbreak. He was contracted and working out of the Kirkland military base in New Mexico. The song is about him committing suicide by zombie after realizing he can't do anything to stop what he started. The "final test subject" is his wife. The companion song to this is called Tiejeras Arroyo, it tells the story of how he met his wife. It's about simpler times, and takes place (in flashback) immediatly after What Have I Done Now. It hasn't been released yet. I'm hoping it'll work on the next 7" we put out. There is a live version out there somewhere, but I'm not going to tell you where to find it.

Outer Space is the last song in the story arc... I thought it would be fun to release it first.

7. Somebodies getting all Claudio in this place.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

I know! Its ridiculous! I've been working on this shit since 2005!

9. well keep up the good work Sir, I love this stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    That isn't a robot. That's the world's largest 8 year old.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    What Have I Done Now tells the story of the scientist responsible for the outbreak. He was contracted and working out of the Kirkland military base in New Mexico. The song is about him committing suicide by zombie after realizing he can't do anything to stop what he started. The "final test subject" is his wife. The companion song to this is called Tiejeras Arroyo, it tells the story of how he met his wife. It's about simpler times, and takes place (in flashback) immediatly after What Have I Done Now. It hasn't been released yet. I'm hoping it'll work on the next 7" we put out. There is a live version out there somewhere, but I'm not going to tell you where to find it.

Outer Space is the last song in the story arc... I thought it would be fun to release it first.
    Oooh... man i thought it was about a break up / relationship ending - haha