Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Traveling Wilburys

Traveling Wilburys

Josh and maybe others will probably respond with a "duh," but how the hell did I not know that these guys once played together?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	220px-Traveling_Wilburys.jpg 
Views:	404 
Size:	20.5 KB 
ID:	74161

That's Jeff Lynne, Tom Petty, Roy Orbison, Bob Dylan, and George Harrison. Ridiculous! The DJ on the radio station I listen to mentioned it on the way back from lunch today.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 12 May 2014 at 12:51 PM.

2. Yeah, how had you never heard of them?
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

3. Handle With Care was all over radio and MTV...

I was too young to drive, so I didn't listen to a lot of radio from 1988-1990, and MTV has had every bit as much influence on my life as WE, BET, or OWN. If it had been a couple years later, the timing would have been better, as my oldest friend got his license in late 1991 I believe.

5. I wasn't old enough to drive until I was 16, yet I still had the ability to listen to a radio...
    Did the yoshi household rely on crancking the Victrola for their musical enjoyment?

I have never listened to the radio much at home. I would have been playing a game or watching SportsCenter or baseball. My dad used to play his CDs in his car, which at the time was stuff like Bryan Adams and Rod Stewart.

Ugliest band in rock and roll.

Also, noob yoshi!

8. I like the Jenny Lewis version a lot more. Faster tempo.
    Last edited by YellerDog; 12 May 2014 at 07:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

I love Jenny Lewis and all, but her little indie rock "super group" is light years away from these guys. Anyone trying to sing like Roy Orbison is gonna fail. Dude (like Freddie Mercury) is untouchable. There is never going to be another voice like that.

Btw... thanks for this thread, Yoshi. I just re-acquired the non-remastered versions of their records. Next step is finding the records.