Page 15 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: Sega Genesis reaches 20 years of age in the United States

1. Most people voted for Bush and Reagan?
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

2. Anyone who tries to claim Bloodlines is better than CV4 is fucking batshit mentally insane. I digress though because that topic has been run in circles on this forum, but IMHO Bloodlines is a horrible fucking game, in the same league as the horrible Dracula XX on SNES. Though at least Dracula XX doesn't look like a slightly beefed up NES game.

And yeah Super Metroid is an action game, not a fucking platformer, get the fuck out of here calling it a platformer.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    Anyone who tries to claim Bloodlines is better than CV4 is fucking batshit mentally insane. I digress though because that topic has been run in circles on this forum, but IMHO Bloodlines is a horrible fucking game, in the same league as the horrible Dracula XX on SNES. Though at least Dracula XX doesn't look like a slightly beefed up NES game.
    Calling Bloodlines "fucking horrible" disqualifies your opinion on Castlevania games.

Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    And yeah Super Metroid is an action game, not a fucking platformer, get the fuck out of here calling it a platformer.
    Calling it an action game seems even less appropriate than calling it a platformer. It's an exploration game more than anything else.

4. I don't think CV4 is all that great either, to be honest. Let's face it, PC Engine has the only 16-bit 'vania that counts and arguing about second place is pointless.

5. CV4 made people wet in 1991 because the whip went in 8 directions and crumpled. It's an average Castlevania game.

6. Quote Originally Posted by SpoDaddy View Post
    Shooters:
    MUSHA, Thunder Force 2-4, Robo Aleste, I could go on forever. Winner: Genesis
    Space Megaforce beats either Genesis Aleste. R-Type III says hi as well. Of course, Genny also has Biohazard Battle, Granada, Super Fantasy Zone and a few others, so it probably wins on volume, but there's room for debate here.

SRPGS:
    The Shining Force games make this a no-brainer. Winner: Genesis
    Not if we count Tactics Ogre and the Fire Emblem games.

Platformers:
    This category could go either way. Super Metroid and Yoshi's Island are incredible, but Sega's version of Aladdin was a revelation and Ristar is a life-affirming experience. Then there's the Sonic games, which were pure joy back in the day. Winner: Tie
    I have to give this to Genesis. Monster World III and IV, the Sonic games, Dynamite Headdy, and Toejam and Earl 2 are all really top-tier platformers.

7. Ristar sucks. The only thing it affirms is that shit comes in silicon in plastic casing.

8. I don't get the Ristar thing either. It's like Sonic, but made of poop? Great.

Genesis Street Fighter sounds SO BAD. That alone kills it for me. Marginally better gameplay (lrn 2 shoulder button, suckers) does not help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

9. You niggas forgoeting about Mode 7.

KNOW YA ROOTZ.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

10. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    I don't get the Ristar thing either. It's like Sonic, but made of poop? Great.
    It's more like Bionic Commando than anything. It's a cute game, and fairly different, but I put it on the second tier of Genesis platformers. The Genesis has so many great ones.