Page 16 of 45 FirstFirst ... 21214151617182030 ... LastLast

Thread: Sega Genesis reaches 20 years of age in the United States

1. Why the fuck do you need a cute Bionic Commando?
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

2. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    I don't get the Ristar thing either. It's like Sonic, but made of poop? Great.
    You should play Ristar before you say that.

Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Genesis Street Fighter sounds SO BAD. That alone kills it for me. Marginally better gameplay (lrn 2 shoulder button, suckers) does not help.
    Gameplay>>>>>>>>>>>>>Sound

Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Space Megaforce beats either Genesis Aleste. R-Type III says hi as well. Of course, Genny also has Biohazard Battle, Granada, Super Fantasy Zone and a few others, so it probably wins on volume, but there's room for debate here.
    No there isn't. Thunder Force III and IV completely massacre everything on the SNES by themselves.

4. I've played Ristar. Hate it.

Sound is a function of gameplay. Griding down molars due to something sounding like fingernails scraping across math equations makes me miss my crossups.

5. I dunno, it's not like that gimmick exactly got played out. It was just trying to be a little different. It's not bad, I'll throw it in there with Decap Attack and the other second tier games.

Oh yeah, Genesis Cool Spot fucked the SNES version up and came out like a year earlier.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Changeling View Post
    Street Fighter Special Championship Edition didn't look as good as Turbo did on the SNES, but it fucking killed it in playabiity though. The Sega 6 button controllers were so awesome ! I remember blowing a wad of cash on that game and two 6 button controllers.
    I couldn't stand this train of thought back then and I can't stand it now. The SNES and Genny SFs played EXACTLY THE SAME (aside from the Genny being stuck on Champion while we had Turbo, suckers). But it was always "the Genny version plays better because I don't have to use the dog bone, and I'll take play over graphics".

Well, damn it, I didn't have to use the dog bone either! Neither did any SNES player. I got myself a spiffy C&E Controls 6-button arcade stick with real arcade microswitches. Eat that, Genesis!

And it's not like the Genny people could play on their stock controllers. Unless they wanted to toggle between kick and punch with the start button. So just because the extra controller you have to buy has a first party name stamped on the front, somehow that doesn't really "count" as having to upgrade your pad and thus the Genny version plays better?

Dumbasses.

*Plays SFII with more than 8 colors on the screen*

*Still mad after two decades*

7. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    No there isn't. Thunder Force III and IV completely massacre everything on the SNES by themselves.
    I'm going to start some shit here:

Lightening Force and TF3 are way the fuck overrated.

There, I said it. I mean I like them and all, and they do their thing well, but they're not god-tier. I'll take a Darius Gaiden or a Border Down over them any day.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Oh yeah, Genesis Cool Spot fucked the SNES version up and came out like a year earlier.
    Cool Spot Genesis was the JAM. Cool and refreshing.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Not if we count Tactics Ogre and the Fire Emblem games.
    Fire Emblem & Tactics Ogre never come out in the states. So they don't count.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

10. Quote Originally Posted by Cheebs View Post
    (aside from the Genny being stuck on Champion while we had Turbo, suckers)
    SCE was Turbo in all but name, pretty much. Just an exclusivity deal thing. It was actually faster than the SNES one. Even calling it Turbo on SNES seems silly since it moved at like half the speed of arcade Turbo.