Page 17 of 45 FirstFirst ... 31315161718192131 ... LastLast

Thread: Sega Genesis reaches 20 years of age in the United States

1. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    I've played Ristar. Hate it.
    Are you sure? You compared it to Sonic.

Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Sound is a function of gameplay. Griding down molars due to something sounding like fingernails scraping across math equations makes me miss my crossups.
    Sound is not a function of gameplay, and you're overstating your point. The Genesis version's sound wouldn't have been an issue to someone that hadn't played the SNES version. Besides, the proper way to play Street Fighter 2 in the early 90's was with Pearl Jam playing as the soundtrack.

2. Decap Attack sucks too.

Ristar is nothing like Sonic (other than maybe the colorful first stage).

3. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    It was actually faster than the SNES one.
    At least it has that going for it.

Quote Originally Posted by SpoDaddy View Post

Sound is not a function of gameplay, and you're overstating your point. The Genesis version's sound wouldn't have been an issue to someone that hadn't played the SNES version. Besides, the proper way to play Street Fighter 2 in the early 90's was with Pearl Jam playing as the soundtrack.
    Oh look, qualifiers.

Sonic 1, 2, or 3>>> Ristar, incidentally.
    Last edited by YellerDog; 18 Aug 2009 at 04:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    I'm going to start some shit here:

Lightening Force and TF3 are way the fuck overrated.

There, I said it. I mean I like them and all, and they do their thing well, but they're not god-tier. I'll take a Darius Gaiden or a Border Down over them any day.
    I'm not talking about them being the best shooters ever, but the fact that you pulled out a Saturn/PS1 game and a DC game to top them proves my point that the SNES had nothing to match them.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Even calling it Turbo on SNES seems silly since it moved at like half the speed of arcade Turbo.
    Really? Speed 10 seemed pretty damn fast.

6. Decap Attack fills me with happy Psycho Fox memories. I love drifty platformers, you just suck.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Cheebs View Post
    And it's not like the Genny people could play on their stock controllers. Unless they wanted to toggle between kick and punch with the start button. So just because the extra controller you have to buy has a first party name stamped on the front, somehow that doesn't really "count" as having to upgrade your pad and thus the Genny version plays better?
    By the time SFII came out, everyone had the six-button controllers anyway. It's not like people had to buy them specifically for SF. And that controller beat the tar out of the skimpy little Game Boy cross pad.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    I'm going to start some shit here:

Lightening Force and TF3 are way the fuck overrated.

There, I said it. I mean I like them and all, and they do their thing well, but they're not god-tier. I'll take a Darius Gaiden or a Border Down over them any day.
    Yeah, but that's like saying you'd take Madden 10 over 10-Yard Fight. Different generations makes it an unfair fight!

Aside from Axelay, I can't really think of any SNES shooter that could compare to stuff like MUSHA, the TF games, and Gaiares.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Nash View Post
    Really? Speed 10 seemed pretty damn fast.
    Go back and play arcade Turbo. It's ridiculous.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Decap Attack fills me with happy Psycho Fox memories. I love drifty platformers, you just suck.
    DA is so retarded. Anyway, it was average when it came out and basically trash now. Yoshi's Island wouldn't fuck Decap Attack if she was last platformer on earth.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    I'm not talking about them being the best shooters ever, but the fact that you pulled out a Saturn/PS1 game and a DC game to top them proves my point that the SNES had nothing to match them.
    I pulled out games in that particular subgenre (which was really more dominant on TG-16, honestly) but Space Megaforce is a monster of a game, in my book. It's harder to compare directly to Thunder Force, but I do think it's the better game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    Aside from Axelay, I can't really think of any SNES shooter that could compare to stuff like MUSHA, the TF games, and Gaiares.
    I think you're nuts if you'd pick MUSHA over Space Megaforce. That comparison should be an easy call at least.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 18 Aug 2009 at 04:34 PM.