Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 304042434445 LastLast

Thread: Sega Genesis reaches 20 years of age in the United States

1. The most annoying part of Genesis' video output was that rainbow effect when there's was a dot-mesh onscreen to simulate transparency.

I don't know how the transparencies worked in Ranger-X, but it probably wasn't hard, and more games should have attempted the same.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Brisco Bold View Post

Why did TG-16 games have that weird whine?
    The Turbo uses PCM to create music and sound. The Genesis uses PCM mostly for sound effects and FM for music. I've noticed on the Genesis, that same kind of whine sound (with sound effects) you're talking about, but on Sega-16 they seem to think I'm talking about any Genesis that isn't an early model.
    Last edited by gamevet; 21 Aug 2009 at 04:33 AM.

3. If the mods would just delete cheebs, er, input in this thread, we would be on the verge of gold here.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Taito View Post
    The most annoying part of Genesis' video output was that rainbow effect when there's was a dot-mesh onscreen to simulate transparency.

I don't know how the transparencies worked in Ranger-X, but it probably wasn't hard, and more games should have attempted the same.
    Agreed, most of the transparencies in Genesis games were terrible. SNES/SMW did it right from day 1.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Taito View Post
    The most annoying part of Genesis' video output was that rainbow effect when there's was a dot-mesh onscreen to simulate transparency.
    Complete.
    Donk

6. That effect looked really messed up on the Nomad screen.

7. I will say nice things about Genesis now

Wonder Boy in Monster World and Phatnasty Star IV are really great
    Donk

8. You're doing it wrong.

Minimum 51% putting down the opposition, 49% praising your side. Them's the rules.

9. Been playing some Ranger-X. I thought the screenshots of this level were fake until I checked it out myself.

10. Never liked Ranger-X. Way too floaty, crappy weapons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!