Page 6 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2456781020 ... LastLast

Thread: Sega Genesis reaches 20 years of age in the United States

The whole 16-bit generation (including the PC Engine from a timing perspective) was awesome. Consider that it had official games released from 1988 (PC Engine) until 2004 (Neo Geo) and that all four of the consoles had amazing exclusives that stand up to this day.

2. Yoshi's Island > Every Sonic Game
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

You know, maybe the fact that I don't care much for real platformers or JRPGs explains my Genesis preference. It clearly had the upper hand of the action and shooter genres, which are far more important to me. And sports was such a massacre.

4. The SNES never, ever produced a playable Hockey game, it's true.

Capcom games are universally better on SNES, unless there's something I'm missing and you don't count Strider. Which you should.

Mortal Kombat is much better on the Genny! Street Fighter not so much!
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

5. I was more of a jrpg guy when the SNES/Genny war happened, so I loved the SNES. I would swap systems with friends who had the Genesis though, so I got to play a little bit while it was still relevant. I think I had my friend's genny for a month with PSIV.

6. I was lucky my Mom loved Nintendo. I used my summer's grass cutting money to buy a Genny and she went out to buy an SNES so she could play the new Mario.

But I always preferred the Genesis since I loved sports games and Toejam & Earl.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

7. This thread was an entertaining read. B-
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

8. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    The SNES never, ever produced a playable Hockey game, it's true.

Capcom games are universally better on SNES, unless there's something I'm missing and you don't count Strider. Which you should.

Mortal Kombat is much better on the Genny! Street Fighter not so much!
    Street Fighter Special Championship Edition didn't look as good as Turbo did on the SNES, but it fucking killed it in playabiity though. The Sega 6 button controllers were so awesome ! I remember blowing a wad of cash on that game and two 6 button controllers.

Both systems were so fucking great though, they both excelled far beyond what people thought possible. They both had their specialties, but thats what made them both so viable.

With that said, my heart will always be with the Genesis ! I bought it stolen with Phantasy Star 2 and John Madden ! That was one of the best days of my gaming life !

9. I can't wait till next year so I can take my Genesis drinking! I just hope it doesn't blast process all over the back seat of my car on way home.

http://www.fvza.org/index.html

10. Quote Originally Posted by Changeling View Post
    The Sega 6 button controllers were so awesome !
    This was the entire reason I preferred to play SF2 CE & SSF2 on the genesis. And the fact that SSF2 was playable on the Genesis Xband.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in