Page 1 of 27 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Guild Wars 2

PC Guild Wars 2

There were several TNLers who played the original Guild Wars and its standalone expansions. It was a free-to-play MMO with a heavy PvP focus. The sequel has been talked about for a long time but has finally been unveiled: Link

Since the original game's art looked great long after it had any business doing so, I have high hopes for this one. It could make a nice compliment to The Old Republic, depending on their relative timing.

2. Some of those are incredibly awesome. Unveiled may be a bit of a stretch, but the images are still cool to look at. I didn't play much of the first Guild Wars... that type of game is right up my alley, but between Diablo II and WoW I never really had time for it.

I'd love to check the second one out, but depending on where it falls in relation to Diablo III history may repeat itself. Blizzard doesn't seem to want NCSoft on my computer.
    Last edited by koda; 20 Aug 2009 at 09:43 AM.

3. The Guild Wars team has some of the best concept/production artists on the planet. Their design philosophy is really commendable as well. Despite that, I didn't play too much of the first one simply because all my online buds were playing WoW, and a PVP-focused didn't seem too appealing alone. I'll be sure to hit this right out the gate though.

4. As long as they stick to the "free-to-play" online service with this one, I'll probably jump on this one as well, I enjoyed beta testing the original GW, but never stuck with it into the public release because my computer took a shit and I never bothered to replace it.
    http://www.xboxgamertag.com/gamercard/NGE42/fullnxe/card.png

5. ok, watched the trailer and it looked fucking EPIC. very excited

it prolly still have year+ till coming out. I will try Aion until then.

Sold. 2010 is going to mark the revenge of the PC. Holy shit.

7. I bought the original game and wanted to love it.

Despite the freeness and the amazing art - I hated it.

Poop on this game.

8. I loved the first but never got on board with expansions due to lack of friends playing it.